Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Review: The Sexorcist (Karmic Consultants #3) by Vivi Andrews

Synopsis (Goodreads):
When a mischief demon threatens a wedding, who’s a Karmic Consultant gonna call? Brittany Hylton-VanDeere. Brittany’s never planned a wedding before, but how hard could averting demon-induced matrimonial disasters be? Her particular brand of cockeyed optimism has always carried her through—but this time there’s a complication. A tattooed, badass exorcist who’s tempting her to break the no-office-dating rule.

Luis Rodriguez isn’t sure what to make of bright-eyed, somewhat illogical Brittany, but he’ll take any job that gives him a break from exorcising demons for pampered, lusting housewives. Helping pull off a wedding is not exactly his idea of a break, but who knew that Brittany’s infectious enthusiasm would be so, so seductive?

As the demon keeps finding ways to throw Brittany and Rodriguez together, they find themselves sliding deeper into a forbidden romance. But distractions are something they can’t afford. The demon’s aggression is rising, and it plans to stop the wedding. Even if it means stopping Brittany…permanently.

Warning: This book contains a hero guaranteed to heat things up, a heroine bound to tug your heartstrings, and enough demonic mischief to keep you smiling all the way to the chapel.
My Thoughts: It's been a while since I've read the other Karmic Consultant books and I'm kicking myself now because I have so damn much fun reading these books it should be against the law.  Vivi Andrews writes characters that make me smile.  They make me flail.  They make me tear up a little when bad things happen.  Not that I'm admitting to crying.  I swear, I wasn't.  If I was on Twitter right now I'd hashtag this with #KellyDoesntCryOften.  True story.  So, if I were to say that this book made me a little watery eyed you'll just have to take that as a compliment of the highest order.

Rodriguez cracked me up.  After his experiences with wealthy women who wanted to get him into bed just so they could say they had bagged him, he was decidedly leery of Brittany.  He's sure she's a nut job.  She can't keep her eyes off him.  He tries to stay away from her, circumstances force them into close association.  I love watching a strong guy fall.  It's so cute.

It was fun watching Brittany come into her own.  She took her enthusiasm for life and made it work for her.  She was incredibly, unreasonably, undeniably attracted to Rodriguez and while part of her didn't know what to do about it, there was another part that jumped in with both feet.  I like a girl who grabs life by the horns and doesn't let anything slow her down.

Fun, fast-paced and sexy enough to warrant the awesome title, I just love all the characters that populate Karmic Consultants.  Yay! for wacky shenanigans in the supernatural world!

Other reviews in this series:
Book 1: The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo and the Ghost Accountant
Book 2: The Ghost Exterminator
Book 4: The Naked Detective

More books by Vivi Andrews

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

2 comments:

  1. I love watching a strong guy fall, too. It's so much fun. Plus, I'm not sure you could go wrong with a title like the Sexorcist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! The title is AWESOME! And the book is fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete