Reading the Paranormal Week in Review
- Review: Caressed by a Crimson Moon by Amanda J. Greene - My love affair with damaged, tortured heroes continues unabated!
- Top Off Tuesday - Intrigue and danger!
- 2013 Why Buy the Cow? Reading Challenge: May Reviews
- Review: Kinky Boots by K.D. Grace - This is one sexy, sexy read.
- Review: Kasadya: Hellhound Awakened by Karen Swart - I'm kinda torn on some of the decisions the main character made, but I liked the book overall.
- Review: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi - I have a feeling that book 3 is absolutely going to kill me.
- Bout of Books 7.0 Starting Line and Updates - I'm a little early posting my goals but I did it anyway!
Goodreads Stats - Loosely borrowed from Tara @ 25 Hour Books
- Currently unread - 489
- Books added - 7 - Sooooo... I downloaded a bunch of freebies this week and then deleted all the confirmation emails in fit of pique. Don't ask because I don't know why. So... since I'm too lazy to hunt down what I picked up, you get the edited version.
- Forbidden (Otherworld Stories #10.6) by Kelley Armstrong
- Donovan's Struggle by Rosalind Scarlett - For review!
- The Keepers (The Keepers Trilogy #1) by J.L. Block - For review!
- Witch Hearts by Liz Long - For review!
- Kiss Across Time (Kiss Across Time #1) by Tracy Cooper-Posey - For review!
- Kiss Across Swords (Kiss Across Time #2) by Tracy Cooper-Posey - For review!
- Freebies - Check the prices before you buy!
- Reveal Me (Unveiled #1) by Cari Quinn
- Books read - 28 (Take that, reading slow-down! I OWNED YOU THIS WEEK!)
- Currently reading -1
- Settle by Brina Courtney
- Amanda needed to write a bio-type thing for an interview and couldn't think of what to say. I, in the spirit of friendship, stepped in to help her out. *ahem* You're welcome, Amanda. You're welcome.
I'm a self-taught ninja who once entered a underground death cage match and came in second. My funeral was well attended by both famous literary characters throughout the ages and my awesome blogging friends. My resurrection back to the land of the living came at a high price -- I found that I was obsessively organized and that I have a penchant for giraffe shifter erotica. I now spend my days wrangling #NakedWerewolves, reviewing books, writing discussion posts, and running read-a-thons. 'Tis a tough life.
- On Monday I reviewed Scattered Magic (The Sidhe Collection #1) by S.A. Archer & S. Ravynheart at Amanda's blog. I've read this series as it was released in serialized installments but going back and rereading it in one fell swoop was FANTASTIC!
- Free Books Need Love, Too! weekly reviews:
- Seriously Series weekly update: I got caught up in an Elder Races mini-reread and mainlined 2 novels and 2 novellas over a 3 day period. It was awesome.
- Series started in 2013: 12/18 (+4 since last week)
- Series started before 2013: 7/18 (+1 since last week)
- Series rereads: 4/12 (static)
- Sign up for Bout of Books is going strong. The goals linky goes up tomorrow so if you want to participate, get in there and SIGN UP! The read-a-thon starts on the 13th. JOIN US!
- The witty and sometimes strange Kevin Hearne gives us Oberon's Shakespeare. Meat!
- A HUGE congratulations to Mimi Strong for hitting the USA Today bestseller list with For You. I have a review coming up for this book and I must say that it's a sweet romance that made me smile.
- Audrey Grace (she of tentacle and monster erotica) gave me a nice shout out at her blog. It makes me all warm and tingly inside.
- I don't even know what to say about this. Well, except that it's hilariously awkward and slightly brilliant. Oh, and I LOL-ed. Hard. 9 Brilliant Moments of Comedy Hiding on YouTube.
- OH! And there were some COVERS that came out this week... Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu (this reminds me that I need to read Prodigy, like, TODAY!) and Endure (The Protector #3) by M.R. Merrick (the covers for this entire series have been stellar and this one works nicely - also, since I beta read this book I can say with conviction that it fits the story perfectly).
Until next week, my darlings!