Monday, September 24, 2018

The Corsair's Captive by Ruby Dixon [Review]

The Corsair's Captive by Ruby Dixon
The Corsair's Captive (Corsairs #1) by Ruby Dixon
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: October 24, 2017

Corsairs
0.5. Prison Planet Barbarian
1. The Corsair's CaptiveKindle
2. In the Corsair's Bed
3. Enticed by the Corsair
4. Deceiving the Corsair

Ruby Dixon
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
A pirate doesn’t ask for permission - he takes.

When I see the delicate human female collared and enslaved by the smuggler I’m about to swindle, I do what any male would do.

I take her from him. It’s what I do best, after all.

Now Fran’s mine, and I’m never giving her up. On board my spaceship, she’ll be safe. She’ll wear my clothes, eat my food, and sleep in my bed. I’ll keep her safe from a galaxy that wishes her harm.

But my sweet Fran wants nothing more than to return to Earth. How can I take her home when she holds my heart in her dainty, four-fingered hands?

This story stands completely alone and is only marginally connected to the Ice Planet Barbarians series and Prison Planet Barbarian. You do not need to read those books in order to follow this one.
Thoughts on The Corsair's Captive: OH, RUBY DIXON! YOU NEVER FAIL TO DELIGHT ME. I just ADORE these big blue guys and can't get enough of them. (Absolutely no complaints over the idea of the rest of Kivian's crew finding their special someone. None. BRING IT!)

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. This is Kivian and Fran's book. Kivian of the flirty smiles and pleasant demeanor. Kivian who is DETERMINED to give Fran time to get over what happened to her and turn to him of her own free will. Kivian who is a hoot and a half. I just love men who enjoy their job, don't you?

Fran, quite naturally, doesn't take to him at first. Considering he won her in a game of chance (one he manipulated quite nicely, by the way), that's to be expected. But Kivian treats her her with care and respect until she's chomping at the bit to get a little frisky with him. By that point, of course, they're both in so deep there's no escaping.

Romance in the stars, man. You gotta love it.

I still love the big, blue guys and the women they get all possessive over. I like Kivian's surly crew and their love of danger. I am 100% ready for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment