Friday, January 11, 2019

In the Corsair's Bed by Ruby Dixon [Review]

In the Corsair's Bed by Ruby Dixon
In the Corsair's Bed (Corsairs #2) by Ruby Dixon
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: March 7, 2018

Corsairs
0.5. Prison Planet Barbarian
1. The Corsair's Captive
2. In the Corsair's Bed - Paperback | Kindle
3. Enticed by the Corsair
4. Deceiving the Corsair

Ruby Dixon
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
As a pirate, I tend to hang out with unsavory outcasts at the edges of the known universe. I’m used to running into thieves, assassins and fugitives. It shouldn’t surprise me to see a forbidden human female for sale in the tunnels of the space station, but I hate it. When I see she’s near death, I have to act.

I buy her.

She spits in my face.

It’s love at first sight.

At least, it’s love at first sight on my end. I know it can never be, though, because I’m an ugly beast of an alien to her. The enemy. If only she knew just how many laws I’d be willing to break for one taste of her lips…
Thoughts on In the Corsair's Bed: MAN, I love these big blue aliens. Tarekh isn't just big and blue, he's a total protective sweetheart. Well, wait. Most of the Mesakkah are pretty protective. Okay, okay. VERY protective. Tarekh isn't just protective, he's sweet and patient and unflinchingly careful with Cat. Because, you know, being a slave and forced to do some pretty awful things to stay alive takes a toll on a girl.

Cat's strong, though. Once she pushes past her suspicions about Tarekh's motives for buying her (and, REALLY, who can blame her for those suspicions after everything she's been through?) and heals from the damage her last master had inflicted on her, she finds a way to fit in with the crew. She makes herself useful and finds her place with these rough and tumble corsairs.

And Tarekh grows on her. Not just his kindness, but his looks. Since most of the Mesakkah are ridiculously good looking, Tarekh's rough looks are sort of the butt of a couple jokes. Which Cat DOES NOT take kindly to.

I kinda loved that about her. That, and the way she'd try to protect him whenever someone started picking on him goodnaturedly. Right on, Cat!

There are two unattached crew members left. I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment