Friday, February 8, 2019

Enticed by the Corsair by Ruby Dixon [Review]

Enticed by the Corsair by Ruby Dixon
Enticed by the Corsair (Corsairs #3) by Ruby Dixon
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: April 18, 2018

Corsairs
0.5. Prison Planet Barbarian
1. The Corsair's Captive
2. In the Corsair's Bed
3. Enticed by the CorsairKindle
4. Deceiving the Corsair

Ruby Dixon
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
No one likes a rebellious captive.

I learned that the hard way. I’ve been abducted from earth and cruelly tormented for my fighting spirit until I learned that the only thing that would keep me safe is to be sweet and calm and agreeable. It’s what keeps me alive.

When I’m rescued by space pirates, they tell me I’m safe. I’m told I can be myself again, get as angry as I want, laugh and cry and scream all I need. I don’t believe them, of course. I certainly don’t believe Alyvos, the ‘muscle’ of the pirate ship. Everyone says that he likes nothing more than a good fight, but to me, he’s kind and protective. How can I fear someone who holds me tenderly through the night and has fuzzy skin?

But my pirate wants more from me than I’m ready to give. He wants my fiery spirit…and I’m not sure it’s there anymore.
Thoughts on Enticed by the Corsair: For a ship full of pirates, these Mesakkah are awfully protective and patient when they find their special someone. Honestly, though, I wouldn't have them any other way. They're just so big and cuddly when they find the one that does it for them. It's adorable and sweet and a whole bunch of other words you wouldn't typically associate with space pirates.

Man, I LOVE these guys!

Anywho. In previous books, Alyvos has been the hard-swinging shipmate who actively seeks out something to pummel when the crew disembarks. He likes the thrill of a fight and the crew relies on him to have their backs in dangerous situations. Actually, the crew rely on each other equally for that, but Alyvos likes to wade into the thick of things and that works for them.

Iris, on the other hand, has learned the value of not fighting. Because fighting her captors cost her far too much already, so she's taking the slow and obedient approach to captivity. Frankly, that kills Alyvos. It isn't just that what was done to her smothered so much of her spirit, but he can tell there's still a spark of fire under her sweet, undemanding demeanor.

Naturally, he's determined to give her back the confidence to be herself again.

Love love LOVE the corsairs and their crowded ship. One more shipmate to go and then they're all paired off. It makes me wonder if they need to invest in a bigger ship. Or a second one. They could start a corsair fleet and cause havoc wherever they go!

No comments:

Post a Comment