Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Brilliant Starlight by Anna Carven [Review]

Brilliant Starlight by Anna Carven
Brilliant Starlight (Dark Planet Warriors #8) by Anna Carven
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 17, 2018

Dark Planet Warriors
1. Dark Planet Warriors
2. Dark Planet Falling
3. Into the Light
4. Out of Darkness
4.5. Darkside Blues
5. Forged in Shadow
6. Infinity's Embrace
7. Electric Heart
8. Brilliant StarlightKindle
8.5. Sanctuary

Related Series:
(find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
Dark Planet Warriors: Earth Files
1. Earth Files Book 1

Darkstar Mercenaries
1. Taming Chaos

Darkstar Mercenaries and Dark Planet Warriors Short Stories
Duality

Anna Carven
| Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Abbey
We're back on Silence, orbiting the Dark Planet while my husband handles unfinished business on Kythia. For some reason, he seems a little bit tense. According to Tarak, Kythian politics can be complicated, especially when the entire Kordolian Empire has just been destroyed. I hope things don't get too complicated, because I don't want to be stuck here for too long. A warship isn't really the best place to raise a child.

Tarak
The only way to ensure Abbey and Ami remained safe was to bring down the Empire. It is done. Now it is up to the statesmen and scholars to rebuild our civilization from the inside out. I'm just here to provide the muscle, but above all, I'm here to keep my mate and my child safe. If anything or anyone dares to threaten them...
They know how I will respond.
The problem is that not all enemies can be taken down by force.

Warning: This book is a science-fiction alien romance. It contains swearing, violence, sensual sex scenes, and silver aliens with fangs. It's definitely recommended for readers aged 18 and over.
Thoughts on Brilliant Starlight: WOW. What a wild, crazy, strange, incredibly fun ride this series has been. I'm sad to see it go, but I love where it took us. I mean, these Kordolians went from being the scourge of the galaxies, hated and feared by pretty much everyone to blissfully mated to their special someones. Babies were born. Empires were toppled. Assassins were rehabilitated.

And through it all, those warriors kept doing what they do to keep their ladies safe.

<3 <3 <3

Okay. This time, we're back with Abbey and Tarak after the fall of the the empire. I should say the orchestrated fall of the empire. Because Tarak and his First Division were smack dab in the middle of making it happen. You know, with a little help from a reformed assassin.

Things are bad on Kythia, but that means nothing when Abbey falls ill. The big, bad General will stop at nothing to make sure she's cured. Including, but not limited to, returning to a place that holds such terrible memories he can barely face them.

Man, I love these guys and all the insanity they end up wading through to get their happily ever after.

Plenty of danger, answers to a lingering questions, and an ending that was immensely satisfying. I've binge-read the bulk of this series over the last week and I'm both thrilled and sad that it's come to an end. But all good things must and I now I get to look forward to the spin-off series. I CAN'T WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment