Wednesday, October 9, 2019

The Curse of Tenth Grave by Darynda Jones [Review]

The Curse of Tenth Grave by Darynda Jones
The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson #10) by Darynda Jones
Format: ebook
Source: provided through NetGalley
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: November 8, 2018

Charley Davidson
1. First Grave on the Right
1.5. For I Have Sinned
2. Second Grave on the Left
3. Third Grave Dead Ahead
4. Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet
5. Fifth Grave Past the Light
6. Sixth Grave on the Edge
7. Seventh Grave and No Body
8. Eighth Grave After Dark
8.5. Brighter than the Sun
9. The Dirt on Ninth Grave
10. The Curse of Tenth Grave - Paperback | Kindle
11. Eleventh Grave in Moonlight
12. The Trouble with Twelfth Grave
13. Summoned to Thirteenth Grave
13.5. The Graveyard Shift
13.6. The Gravedigger's Son
13.7. The Graveside Bar and Grill
13.8. The Grave Robber

Darynda Jones
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
As a part-time PI and full-time grim reaper, Charley Davidson has asked a lot of questions throughout her life:
* Why can I see dead people?
* Who is the hot supernatural entity following me?
* How do I get gum out of my sister’s hair before she wakes up?
* But, “How do I trap not one malevolent god, but three?” was never among them. Until now. And since those gods are on earth to kill her daughter, she has little choice but to track them down, trap them, and cast them from this dimension.

There’s just one problem. One of the three stole her heart a very long time ago. Can the Razer, a god of absolute death and destruction, change his omniscient spots, or will his allegiances lie with his brothers?

Those are just a few of the questions Charley must answer, and quick. Add to that a homeless girl running for her life, an innocent man who’s been charged with murder, and a pendant made from god glass that has the entire supernatural world in an uproar, and Charley has her hands full. If she can manage to take care of the whole world-destroying-gods thing, we’re saved. If not, well…
Thoughts on The Curse of Tenth Grave: Full disclaimer, I've basically read the last several books in this series back to back without coming up for air in between and I'm smitten. Fully smitten. I adore Charley and Reyes together and I'm a little concerned (for lack of a better word) about how these two keep thinking it's a good idea to KEEP SECRETS from one another. I mean, REALLY, you two. Even if one of you *might* be an evil god, that's no reason to get all secretive.

Okay, maybe I'm kidding just a little. There might have been minor cause for secret-keeping. Minor.

But the two of them really are better together, so let's minimize the secrets and play to your strengths. Which is getting frisky in unconventional places and thwarting bad guys. Okay?

That said, I'm digging this series. While I might hope for more open communication between our two favorite immortal beings, I know Charley's going to be Charley and try to figure things out on her own before opening up to her one true love.

We got some Beep time, some Osh time, some preternatural baddies popping up in weird places. All in all, I was satisfied. And now I'm a little scared of what's to come. Calm before the storm, people. CALM BEFORE THE STORM.

I'm going in.

No comments:

Post a Comment