Tuesday, February 2, 2021

The Werewolf Nanny by Amanda Milo [Review]

The Werewolf Nanny by Amanda Milo
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: December 12, 2020

Purchase LinksPaperback | Kindle

Amanda Milo
Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
As a struggling single mom with a babysitter emergency, I’m relieved when Finn Cauley—Irish heartthrob, my boss, and my work-friend-who-I-keep-at-a-distance—takes me by the shoulders and says the four most beautiful words a stressed-out woman can ever hear:

I will fix this.

Finn proceeds to literally drag a free babysitter into our house, for which I’m super grateful, really.

I just have just one teeny, tiny concern.

Our new nanny is a *werewolf.*
Thoughts on The Werewolf Nanny: I am ABSOLUTELY smitten with this book. Deek/Lucan is 100% a submissive wolf, but that doesn't make him a doormat by any stretch of the imagination. He's pulled out of his comfort zone to help Susan and it takes a while for him to acclimate to this new place and way of life, but he does exactly what he's brought in to do and he does it well. He takes care of Susan's daughters and helps keep her house in order. Full stop.

Sure, sure, he makes a few mistakes along the way. Like the chipmunk incident. But, really, who can blame a wolf for going on the hunt when those little things are darting here and there practically taunting a wolf to chase them? And then there's the whole spontaneously turning into a wolf when things get stressful, but that's sort of the nature of a submissive, so, AGAIN, you can't hold that against him.

Once all is said and done, he's a great nanny to the kids. He gains confidence as he grows more comfortable being away from the den and Susan's protective instinct helps him settle in more quickly than maybe he would have under someone else.

As Susan gets to know him, she sees more and more things she likes about the man. He's good with kids. He's 100% devoted to the job at hand. He's beloved by his pack. Heck, even when he knows it's going to cause problems for him, he does what needs to be done because if he doesn't, who will? *heart eyes* Susan might have a hard time trusting men after her husband cheated on her constantly, but Deek's unwavering loyalty to both herself and her children (and the tagalong kiddo who needs them something fierce) has her lowering her walls before she even realizes it.

Like I said, I am SMITTEN with this book. It was sweet and funny and I liked the dynamic between Finn and Deek (which I wasn't sure I would when Finn brings Deek to the house) A LOT. Dominant shifters looking hard on the outside, but being absolutely willing to stand behind their BFF and/or packmates make me smile. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment