Thursday, July 15, 2021

Moonlighter by Sarina Bowen [Review]

Moonlighter by Sarina Bowen
Moonlighter (The Company #1) by Sarina Bowen
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 28, 2020

The Company
1. Moonlighter - Paperback | Kindle
2. Loverboy

Related Series:
Brooklyn Bruisers

(Find all the books in this series on the 1st book review)
1. Rookie Move

Brooklyn Hockey
(Find all the books in this series on the 1st book review)
1. Brooklynaire

Sarina Bowen
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Five nights. Two adversaries. Only one bed in their hotel room.

I'm at the height of my hockey career. Yet my arrogant brother is always trying to recruit me into the family business: a global security company so secretive that I don't even know its name.
Pass, thanks. I don't need a summer job.
But the jerk ambushes me with a damsel in distress. That damsel is Alex, the competitive, sassy girl I knew when we were kids. Now she's a drop-dead gorgeous woman in deep trouble.
So guess who's on a flight to Hawaii?
It's going to be a long week in paradise. My job is keeping Alex safe, while her job is torturing me with her tiny bikinis. Or maybe we're torturing each other. It's all snark and flirting until the threat against Alex gets serious. And this jock must become her major league protector.

Moonlighter is a stand-alone novel for Brooklyn Bruisers team member Eric Bayer. No cliffhangers, no prior experience necessary. Expect: a growly hero, a lady boss with no time for his attitude, and a war of wills and hormones. Bonus: a hunk wearing a baby in a sling.
Thoughts on Moonlighter: Disclaimer: I've been binge reading my way through the various Bruisers and their romantic woes so I was already predisposed to enjoy Eric's story before I ever picked up the book. GO BROOKLYN! (Yeah, I dig these guys. A lot.) I mean, what's not to like about a talented hockey player who gets roped into helping a childhood friend by his somewhat crafty genius brother....yesssss.

Guess what, guys? I REALLY liked Eric and Alex's story. He's kinda a big deal as a professional athlete and she's the head of a multi-million (or is it billion?) dollar company. She has more than enough sass and steely determination to hold her own against his ego and cockiness. He's just good for her in a whole lot of ways (several of them outside the bedroom, I SWEAR!).

Speaking of Alex, I like the lady. I didn't love her when she was first introduced, but everyone has off-nights, right? Yeah, Alex turned out to be pretty awesome and I REALLY like her with Eric. *thumbs up*

Throw in a nefarious scheme, life changes (several of them, in fact), and a hotel room with only one bed (HA!) and you have a whole lot of fun. That's before the familiar faces (hello, Bruisers!) popping in and about and one night of drunken shenanigans. Good stuff all around, man. ALL AROUND!

No comments:

Post a Comment