Monday, June 27, 2022

Loverboy by Sarina Bowen [Review]

Loverboy (The Company #2) by Sarina Bowen
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: April 11, 2021

The Company
1. Moonlighter
2. Loverboy - Paperback | Kindle

Related Series:
(Find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
Brooklyn Bruisers
1. Rookie Move

Brooklyn Hockey
1. Brooklynaire

Sarina Bowen
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Secrets, desires, and exquisite pie. It’s all in a day’s work at The Company.

Growing up, I was the rough guy from the wrong neighborhood who couldn’t catch a break. Posy was the pampered girl I tried to impress. But I managed to steal only a single kiss before I had to skip town.
Now I’m back, and the tables are turned. Posy runs a struggling pie shop. I’m the VP of a secretive billion dollar security company.

Not that I can tell her.

There’s a murderer on the loose in New York, and he seems to spend a lot of time at Posy’s shop. I can’t let on that I’m here to bring him down before he can harm a hair on her pretty head.
Going undercover as Posy’s new barista wasn’t my idea. I don’t even drink coffee. But now I have to call her “boss,” and do everything the curvy perfectionist asks of me. I’d forgotten how much we infuriate each other, and that she somehow fills me with both irritation and desire in the same breath.
There’s nobody more skilled at stealth ops than me. I can bring this killer down. Right after I take a cold shower. And just as soon I figure out how to make a skinny peppermint latte with milk poured in the shape of a kitten...
Thoughts on Loverboy: You know, you gotta admire a guy who gives something like learning how to be a awesome barista his all. Especially since he doesn't care for coffee and he's only learning this skill so he doesn't let his boss down. And I'm not talking about Max. Although possibly he had something to do with it. I'm talking about Posy. She needs help and Gunnar steps in and helps. Reluctantly, admittedly, but he does it. Because there's a little history between these two, but he most definitely can't stand to see her in any sort of danger (even if it's just peripheral danger).

Gunnar also has the ability to charm everyone. Which DOES NOT help when it comes to charming Posy. I mean, how can she trust his sexy smiles when he gives everyone those sexy smiles?

But before we get to the trust part, these two have some BAGGAGE to unpack. Posy's still smarting from her recent divorce. Gunnar has parental issues. Posy doesn't care for liars and Gunnar lies for a living. It's a hot mess any way you look at it and it takes a chance stealth tailing for Gunnar to be forced to come clean.

A little danger, a lot of pie, antagonistic foreplay, and so much flirting. So much. Gunnar has a hard time turning off the charm and Posy isn't immune to it. FORTUNATELY FOR BOTH OF THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment