Monday, March 21, 2022

The Alien's Little Sister by Amanda Milo [Review]

The Alien's Little Sister (Stolen by an Alien) by Amanda Milo
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: February 7, 2021

Standalones in the Series
The (Alien) Nanny for Christmas
The Quarry Master
The Alien's Little Sister - PaperbackKindle

Stolen by an Alien
1. Stolen by an Alien
2. Rescued by an Alien
3. Won by an Alien
4. Craved by an Alien
5. Blind Fall
6. Beth's Stable

Amanda Milo
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
MATT:

When my employee propositions me, I’m taken aback. Yeah, she's gorgeous, exotic, and adventuresome, but besides the issue of me being her boss, she proposes something casual. Which is reason enough to give me pause, because I’m not a casual kind of guy.

But long story short, we get together, it’s great, and I’m crazy about her, which means I have a big problem. Seven of them, actually—that’s how many brothers she has. And I don’t know about you, but to me, that sounds like the recipe for an @$$ whooping. *Seven* super overprotective brothers means they aren’t going to hesitate to beat me into a whimpering bag of meat for touching their little sister. Yippee.

Is that enough to deter me from falling for her? Evidently not, and I guess it’s because Inara is an alien, and there are a couple of pretty big galaxies separating me from her bad@$$ family, so I’m safe.

Or so I pretend. Because it isn’t the threat of her brothers that worries me. It’s these damn inconvenient feelings that stubbornly refuse to quit growing. I care about Inara. A lot. And that’s a problem because as far as she’s concerned, she still thinks she’s just having a simple fling.

Me? Here’s the whole truth: I freaking love her. And she’s going to break my heart when she goes back home without me...

Unless I convince her to take me with her.
Thoughts on The Alien's Little Sister: I must say that I adore the various Rakhii we've met. Their utter devotion to their respective mates me smile. Plus, the mental picture of these massive, brooding, fire-breathing, ex-gladiator aliens cuddling their teeny-tiny babies just makes me so happy. Yes, the entire species is happy-making and I'm more than thrilled to get to see a female Rakhii find her special someone.

Plus, Matt's introduction to the family was HILARIOUS! But that's something we can talk about later.

First, we have Matt and Inara. Frankly, he's as enraptured of her upon their first meeting as Inara's brothers were enraptured of their mates. Which is good because Inara deserves all sorts of adoring looks and hard loving in unexpected places. You know, like the kitchen counter and living room wall. While Inara definitely set out on her adventure to find someone special, she was very lucky Matt was the one she found. He adores her. He is utterly smitten by her. He would probably burn down the world if she needed him to. Which is a little weird since Inara's the one who can breathe fire and she'd probably be better at the world-burning.

So. A human and an alien. They might come from different planets, but they are just meant for one another. She's delighted with the world she's discovering and he's finding out he enjoys showing her things she's never experienced.

And the meet and greet with her family...I LOVED IT. We got to see some of my favorite couples and their babies and YESSSSSSS. I am so down for many, MANY more stories set in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment