Friday, July 22, 2022

Tangled Truths by Lindsay Buroker [Review]

Tangled Truths (Death Before Dragons #3) by Lindsay Buroker
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: April 24, 2021

Death Before Dragons
0.5. Mist and Magic
1. Sinister Magic
2. Battle Bond
3. Tangled Truths - Paperback | Kindle
4. Elven Doom
4.5. The Forbidden Ground
5. False Security
6. Storm Forged
6.5. The Box
7. Secrets of the Sword I
8. Secrets of the Sword II
9. Secrets of the Sword III

Lindsay Buroker
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Dealing with dragons is hard. Dealing with a teenage daughter is even harder.

My new mission involves both. Weird things are happening in Northern Idaho, and my boss is sending me to investigate. Unfortunately, my daughter and ex-husband are vacationing in the town that’s at the center of the trouble. Coincidence? Or is someone targeting them to get at me?

I’m a wanted woman right now. Not only by the criminal werewolves, orcs, and trolls that I’m often hired to kill. But by the Dragon Justice Court.

An organization full of arrogant, powerful dragons is exactly as horrible as it sounds. They’re the last beings you’d want after your family. If I can’t get to the bottom of the mystery and convince the dragons I’m not their enemy, I stand to lose far more than my own life.
Thoughts on Tangled Truth: Things are getting messy for Val and, well, now her family's involved. More specifically, her ex and her daughter. The two people she distanced herself from to keep them safe so they can't be used against her.

Yes, indeed. Life is tangled and complicated for this particular half-elf assassin.

On the plus side, Zav is...hmm, how to put it? He's definitely becoming more tolerant of Val's sarcasm and sass. He's also put himself on the line to keep her safe. Which Val appreciates, although I don't think she quite realized how much he was risking when he did what he did to help her.

Oh, hey, did I mention that even MORE dragons are popping in to see what's going on in the Earthen realm? Yeah. And these new dragons aren't nearly as easygoing as Zav. Which says a lot, really. For all his quick temper (*ahem*throwing a Jeep into a tree when he first met Val*ahem*) and disbelief that anyone, much less a human, would dare treat him with anything other than reverence and awe, the other dragons are even worse.

And, as usual, Val's right in the middle of things with her pithy comments and sarcastic responses.

That said, she's also starting to take a slightly different approach to the various magical beings she comes in contact with. By which I mean, she's not shooting first. Well, unless they come at her with claws at the ready. Yup, Val's actually stepping in to help when she can. Which id definitely a good thing.

I'm having a lot of fun with this series. Val is smart and sassy and fiercely loyal and I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment