Friday, December 16, 2022

The Bachelor on the Shelf by Jana Aston [Review]

The Bachelor on the Shelf (Reindeer Falls #6) by Jana Aston
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: November 19, 2021

Reindeer Falls
1. The Boss Who Stole Christmas
2. If You Give a Jerk a Gingerbread
3. The One Night Stand Before Christmas
4. Elves with Benefits
5. One Night with a Nutcracker
6. The Bachelor on the Shelf - Kindle

Jana Aston
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
My name is Carter Sheppard and I actually like Christmas and my Christmas-themed hometown of Reindeer Falls. In fact, when I learn I have to return home in order to collect an inheritance—my uncle’s dog—it puts life into perspective for me.

Sure, playing professional baseball is great. But it won’t last forever and every player needs a long-term game plan.

And I just found mine. Wrapped up in the feisty, bespectacled package of the town librarian.

Unfortunately, she thinks I’m a player in all aspects of the word, but I’ve got a plan to win her over. Starting with a fake engagement…
Thoughts on The Bachelor on the Shelf: It's time for the final Sheppard brother to find his happy place and it turns out to be in the form of the next door neighbor! Except it takes Lexi a while to believe the hunky baseball player actually wants her for her and not as just another notch in his belt or as a way to clean up his image.

Yep, Lexi fights it. She goes into their fake engagement kicking and screaming (metaphorically) and she tries MIGHTILY to convince herself she's only going along with it for the sweet dog that's been left to Carter. Because why else would you get fake engaged to a hunky pro athlete, amirite?!?!

Anywho. A handful of fake dates (at least Lexi tries to convince herself they're fake), a few steamy kisses where Lexi tries to convince herself she and Carter have no chemistry, a sweet pupper, and a town with a whole lot of Christmas spirit. *thumbs up* 

No comments:

Post a Comment