Wednesday, September 6, 2023

My Chameleon Mate by Susan Trombley [Review]

My Chameleon Mate (Iriduan Universe Love Stories #1) by Susan Trombley
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: September 18, 2022

Iriduan Universe Love Stories
1. My Chameleon Mate - Paperback | Kindle
2. My Foxy Mate
3. My Primal Mate

Susan Trombley
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Vera

I accidentally launched an escape pod on my miserable honeymoon—with me on it—and crash-landed in the middle of an alien jungle on a forbidden “emerging civilization” planet, breaking about a hundred Cosmic Syndicate laws.

Oh, and I robbed a hot lizard guy with sexy black eyes, the most colorful scales I’ve ever seen, and a powerful prehensile tail that curls up like a cinnamon roll.

Even though I can’t understand anything he’s saying, my new reptilian friend turns out to be as sweet as honey and spicier than the seasoning he used on the meat I stole from his camp, and after he risks his own life to save mine, he decides he wants to keep me.

I’m perfectly okay with that, but I have a feeling my philandering husband will object.
Thoughts on My Chameleon Mate: Things might be rough back on earth (an alien invasion will do that, you know), but sometimes good things can come out of bad situations. For example, Vera is on the literal worst honeymoon in the known universe, but she ends up stranded with a hunky chameleon-like alien who REALLY likes a lot of things about her. Which is way more than her d-bag husband does. Hunky alien is a good thing. So good.

Sure, sure, Vera and Khamai have some communication issues to work through. Literal communication issues, mind you, since they don't speak each others' languages. So, yeah, that makes things a tiny bit tough, BUT...they both excel at the body language thing. Maybe excel is overstating things a bit. Let's just say they both let their body do the talking and it works out just fiiiiiine for them. And, yeah, they have a few communication stumbles, but in the best sort of way.

Sexy, protective aliens who are really into their human lady friends are my thing. And these two? They hit the spot. In fact, Khamai hit the spot a couple of times whenever they're together, if you know what I mean. *exaggerated wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment