Thursday, October 12, 2023

My Primal Mate by Susan Trombley [Review]

My Primal Mate (Iriduan Universe Love Stories #3) by Susan Trombley
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: October 24, 2022

Iriduan Universe Love Stories
1. My Chameleon Mate
2. My Foxy Mate
3. My Primal Mate - Paperback | Kindle

Susan Trombley
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Ariyah

My new next-door neighbor looks like a demon—and acts like one too!

Most of the Akrellians now living on Earth after saving humanity from an alien invasion are super polite. The red-scaled, black-quilled behemoth living next door is a notable exception, and he doesn’t bother to return my enthusiastic greeting with anything more than an impatient growl.

But I know the secret to making friends, and that secret is a dozen red velvet cupcakes with cute monster faces on them, just in time for Halloween. The grumpy, smoldering volcano of a male might pretend he’s not interested in my offering, but he can’t resist my sweet treats for long.

Of course, he might just be too hot to handle, because this Akrellian serves a darker Dancer, and the drumbeats from his primal song draw me to the domineering and demanding male while his wild howl thrills my blood—even as it sends me fleeing. When he gives chase, I try not to reveal how eager I am to be caught.

It’s just too bad that he believes I’m an assassin who tried to poison him.
Thoughts on My Primal Mate: Heh. Zern is an Akrellian who's a little more in touch with his primal side and Ariyah is just a simple human baker. Which basically means Zern looks at things through the filter of his instincts and past (which hasn't been the greatest as far as being accepted goes) and he jumps to the conclusion that Ariyah was trying to poison him when she gifted him with a plate of cupcakes. AS ONE DOES.

Just to be clear, Ariyah was NOT attempting to kill the poor guy. She was just being an enthusiastic neighbor who loves to bake. Admittedly, she has more than a simple neighborly appreciation for Zern, but more in a sexy-eyes sort of way than a "coming to kill you" sort of way.

A *slight* misunderstanding, an alien walking a fine edge, a little Halloween festival fun, a corn maze, a chase, and a VERY sexy encounter that causes a few problems for the big alien. Our Lusian Cupid is three for three in matching couples up and I'm ready for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment