Friday, October 13, 2023

It's a Hard-Knock Midlife by Robyn Peterman [Review]

It's a Hard-Knock Midlife (Good to the Last Death #8) by Robyn Peterman
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: October 25, 2022

Good to the Last Death
1. It's a Wonderful Midlife Crisis
2. Whose Midlife Crisis is it Anyway?
3. A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis
4. My Midlife Crisis, My Rules
5. You Light Up My Midlife Crisis
6. It's a Matter of Midlife and Death
7. The Facts of Midlife
8. It's a Hard-Knock Midlife - Paperback | Kindle
9. Run For Your Midlife

Robyn Peterman
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Midlife is supposed to be messy, but this is a full-on catastrophic crisis.

Just when I thought life might be getting back to normal—normal being a relative word—I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Marriage proposal from the Grim Reaper? Yes.

Beautiful healthy baby? Yes.

Friends and family safe? Yes.

Ghost of my worst enemy sitting on my front porch? OMG. Yep.

With the ghostly world imploding around me, I’m going to need more than superglue to repair it.

Question? Am I willing to do what has to be done?

Answer? I’m about to find out.

To say forty has been an eventful year is an understatement.

On the contrary, it’s turning out to be a seriously hard-knock midlife.
Thoughts on It's a Hard-Knock Midlife: Daisy and her crew are still juggling...well, everything, I guess. Daisy has her new honey-bunny, a new baby, new powers, and a new home. Her family unit is growing by leaps and bounds and she's making friends in some unlikely places. On the downside, she's also losing people close to her. As a Death Counselor, she understands death, but it's still a tough blow to take.

She's also accruing enemies. Or, well, one enemy. A guy who just keeps poking at poking at her even after he's gone. He's like a gift that keeps on giving. A really terrible gift, but still.

So as Daisy does everything she can to keep her friends and family safe, things are happening behind that scenes that seem like they're pushing her to test her limits. And every time she tests them, she learns a little more about what she can do. Which is good, but it makes me wonder if there's an even bigger threat heading in her direction.

Anywho. A lot of family, a new group of friends to join the fold, a possible second chance at a missed connection for one of her siblings, and HOLY WHAT NOW? That ending. YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment