Wednesday, September 7, 2022

You Light Up My Midlife Crisis by Robyn Peterman [Review]

You Light Up My Midlife Crisis (Good to the Last Death #5) by Robyn Peterman
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: June 7, 2021

Good to the Last Death
1. It's a Wonderful Midlife Crisis
2. Whose Midlife Crisis is it Anyway?
3. A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis
4. My Midlife Crisis, My Rules
5. You Light Up My Midlife Crisis - Paperback | Kindle
6. It's a Matter of Midlife and Death
7. The Facts of Midlife
8. It's a Hard-Knock Midlife
9. Run for Your Midlife
10. It's a Hell of a Midlife

Robyn Peterman
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Midlife is definitely a journey. The road has massive potholes.
And the crisis… it’s the gift that keeps on giving.


Being forty is supposed to be freaking fabulous not fatal.

Taking on a daunting new job minus the description isn’t the smartest move I’ve ever made, even if it was to save a friend. Hopefully, it doesn’t turn out to be the stupidest… or deadliest.

Why can’t things stay the way they were? I love my old job. Supergluing ghosts back together and solving their issues is its own reward. Not to mention, I’m seriously good at it. Although, I must say, I’m ridiculously excited for the new Death Counselor’s arrival in nine months...

Adding to my problems, there are four new angels in town who are riding my butt and judging every move I make. Literally. Who knew destroying one Immortal could cause me so much trouble? If I’m found guilty, I’ll be pushing up daisies.

Luckily, my nutty friends have my back and the Grim Reaper has my heart. What could possibly go wrong?

Nothing is impossible. I am living proof. Let’s just hope I live to prove it.
Thoughts on You Light Up My Midlife Crisis: Whelp, Daisy's life just keeps getting more complicated. Good thing she has a solid group of friends around her and newfound family who have her back when things get dicey.

Speaking of family, siblings just keep popping up left and right. Although the newest of the siblings seem a little high-maintenance and Daisy's being asked to do A LOT to help them, I can only imagine everything will work itself out in the end. Because the alternative is not something Daisy (or Gideon) will stand for. Therefore, they will fall in line and learn the lessons they need to learn.

But that's another story for another day. Right now, Daisy has a riddle to unravel, a powerful angel to figure out, and some forgiveness to dole out. That's all around finding quality time to spend with her honey. Trust me, with the things Daisy has on her plate, sexy time with her hunky honey to help her unwind is DEFINITELY something she needs.

A little danger, a few surprises, family family family, and Daisy grabbing her future by the throat and showing it she means business. As for that future, well, it looks like things are going to stay a wee bit chaotic for a while still. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment