Friday, June 25, 2021

Whose Midlife Crisis is it Anyway? by Robyn Peterman [Review]

Whose Midlife Crisis is it Anyway? by Robyn Peterman
Whose Midlife Crisis is it Anyway? (Good to the Last Death #2) by Robyn Peterman
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 21, 2020

Good to the Last Death
1. It's a Wonderful Midlife Crisis
2. Whose Midlife Crisis is it Anyway? - Paperback | Kindle
3. A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis
4. My Midlife Crisis, My Rules
5. You Light Up My Midlife Crisis
6. It's a Matter of Midlife and Death
7. The Facts of Midlife
8. It's a Hard-Knock Midlife
8. It's a Hard-Knock Midlife
9. Run for Your Midlife
10. It's a Hell of a Midlife

Robyn Peterman
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Midlife's a journey. Enjoy the ride. Crisis included.

Never knew that life after death was far more dangerous than real life.

Never in my forty years did I think my new normal would be gluing body parts back onto ghosts and hosting a houseful of dead squatters. Thank God for superglue and a strong stomach.

Never thought I'd date the Grim Reaper and that I would be the one to blow it. I mean, how idiotic does one have to be to get dumped by a dude who lives in Hell?

Going about business as usual is not usual in any way. No one is who they seem to be... and to be honest, neither am I. What I'd known to be true has turned out to be myth. The Angels are frightening and the Demons are hot. Wait. I mean not. Who am I kidding? The Grim Reaper is very hot--like a freaking pre-menopausal hot flash hot.

Now I'm in a race against time and all sorts of unsavory supernatural horrors to save my deceased gay husband's afterlife. And that was a sentence I never thought would leave my lips.

Whatever. I'll yank up my big girl panties, stock up on wine and lean on my girlfriends as needed. As they say, when the going gets tough, the tough get inebriated... or something like that.

With everything to lose, I have no choice but to grow some lady balls. That I can do. I just hope balls will be enough.

I had planned to live midlife in peace, not in pieces.
Good luck to me...
Thoughts on Whose Midlife Crisis is it Anyway?: Daisy's dealing with things she never imagined she'd be dealing with when she hit forty. Things like ghosties with parts falling off. Angels. Demons. Dogs who are more than regular dogs. Her dead husband's issues. You know, the usual.

Yeah. her life got weird fast and she's handling things as best as can be expected. Which means, she's made a mistake or two along the way. Like the thing with Gideon. BUT...she's totally willing to do what she has to do to fix that. So she makes a few new friends, straps on her new uniform, and heads out to make things right.

This book had a lot of revelations. We had kind of gathered that Daisy wasn't your typical death councilor in book 1 and here we got to see a few more of her quirks. Plus, you know, some big revelations about her parentage and blood line. Beyond that, however, her town and the people in it aren't all they seem.

There's just a lot going on with more to come. I mean that all in a good way. MOAR! BRING IT ON! (Also, I really like Daisy and Gideon together. They're working on building a strong foundation between them so they can weather future storms and I dig that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment