Monday, September 13, 2021

A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis by Robyn Peterman [Review]

A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis by Robyn Peterman
A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis (Good to the Last Death #3) by Robyn Peterman
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: August 6, 2020

Good to the Last Death
1. It's a Wonderful Midlife Crisis
2. Whose Midlife Crisis is it Anyway?
3. A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis - Paperback | Kindle
4. My Midlife Crisis, My Rules
5. You Light Up My Midlife Crisis
6. It's a Matter of Midlife and Death
7. The Facts of Midlife
8. It's a Hard-Knock Midlife
9. Run for Your Midlife
10. It's a Hell of a Midlife

Robyn Peterman
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Midlife's a bumpy journey. The ride is a freaking rollercoaster. The crisis is real.

With my life back to normal--normal being a very relative word--one would think I'd catch a break.

One would be very wrong.

With an Angel gunning for me and a Demon in my bed, life couldn't be more complicated. Not to mention, I'm going to have to make a rather large life choice.

Do I want to live forever?

Does anyone? Forever is a very long time.

Whatever. I'll think about it tomorrow... or next week... or next month. As long as I have my girlfriends, my dogs, a super-sized case of merlot and my deceased squatters, I'm good to go.

My midlife crisis. My rules. If it doesn't kill me dead first, I plan to have a most excellent midlife crisis.
Thoughts on A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis: Daisy's life has gotten a little complicated since she started seeing the dead (along with all the other things she can do for them), but she's dealing with it well enough. She and Gideon have worked through their (brief) relationship woes. She's making friends with the local immortals. And, you know, even though her Gram is dead, she's still making her presence known. Literally. She's sitting next to Daisy, offering advice, and poking at the immortals who cross her path.

So, yeah. Things are complicated, but they're working for Daisy. She just has to figure out how to save her ex-husband's soul from eternal damnation, deal with new-found family (that she REALLY doesn't want to deal with), and figure out what's going on with her blossoming abilities.

You know those immortals I mentioned she's been making nice with? They're good guys to have on your side when a vengeful angel is out to get you.

A few family secrets (YIKES!), a few sexy encounters with a hunky demon, a handful of answers, even more questions, and various other assorted oddities. Daisy's life took a turn, but she's more than ready for what's gunning for her. I think. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment