Wednesday, August 23, 2023

The Facts of Midlife by Robyn Peterman [Review]

The Facts of Midlife (Good to the Last Death #7) by Robyn Peterman
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: August 20, 2022

Good to the Last Death
1. It's a Wonderful Midlife Crisis
2. Whose Midlife Crisis is it Anyway?
3. A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis
4. My Midlife Crisis, My Rules
5. You Light Up My Midlife Crisis
6. It's a Matter of Midlife and Death
7. The Facts of Midlife - Paperback | Kindle
8. It's a Hard-Knock Midlife
9. Run for Your Midlife
10. It's a Hell of a Midlife

Robyn Peterman
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Midlife is sheer madness, and the facts of midlife are not taught in school. Unfortunately, some lessons are hellishly hard to learn.

I thought I had it figured out. I was wrong.

Proving I’m the Angel of Mercy is turning into a sh*tshow of epic proportions.

Not too long ago, I was a forty-year-old gal with a stable and boring life ahead of me. Now? Not so much. I have celestial siblings who are no walk in the park. Their decisions can destroy my future.

And of course, my predecessor has given me a few days to do the impossible or I’ll lose everything that means anything to me.

Gluing ghosts back together is turning out to be the easiest part of my job.

Fine. If this is my fate, I accept. Nothing is impossible if you believe.

I choose to believe.
Thoughts on The Facts of Midlife: Things keep getting wilder for Daisy and her crew every darn day. Not only is she gaining family members at an alarming rate (not really alarming, there's just a lot of them being revealed every time she turns around), but she has a baby ready to make her grand entrance. A baby, btw, she just got pregnant with.

Life with supernaturals (celestials, demons, and everything in between) is weird.

That said, Daisy takes it all in stride. Saving her honey and newborn from the slightly disconnected former Angel of Mercy? Not a problem. Conversing with a powerful being who talks in riddles? She's on it! Listening to her friends (both new and old) relay disgusting facts as a means of entertainment? Nothing to it.

It's not all sweetness and good times, though. Things are moving forward, new (potential) allies are being revealed, and endings can be very bittersweet. No matter what the situation, Daisy does what Daisy does best and she follows her heart and gut. Unless her gut is leading her toward one of those garbage casseroles.

No comments:

Post a Comment