Thursday, March 14, 2024

Safeguard by Stephanie Rose [Review]

Safeguard (Speakeasy) by Stephanie Rose
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: February 21, 2023

Speakeasy
Touchstone
Heartwood
Homecoming
Sideways
Wildflower
Firefly
Starlight
Stargazer
Safeguard - Paperback | Kindle

Related Series:
(find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
The Busy Bean
1. Sweetheart

In Vino Veritas
1. Wildfire

Moo U
1. Boyfriend

True North
1. Bittersweet

Vino and Veritas
1. Roommate

Stephanie Rose
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Jilted. Living in a glorified closet. The world’s worst bar waitress. I just need to keep a roof over my head and make tuition payments until I can finish graduate school. Then my real life will start. But right now, long nights at the Speakeasy have me burning the candle at both ends and the wax melting all over my fingers.

When a bar manager offers me a job taking care of his adorable five-year-old daughter, it seems like the perfect solution. I get a quiet place to study. Matteo gets a reliable sitter.

There should be no complications. Except that I like my new boss a little too much. His gorgeous dark eyes humble me, and the long talks we share fill me up inside. I can’t possibly fall for him.

But the undeniable pull between us leads to a scorching kiss I can’t ignore or forget, and suddenly I’ve fallen for them both, father and daughter.

And now three hearts are at stake.
Thoughts on Safeguard: Oh, ho! Matteo and his ADORABLE daughter are up and YES! I think I've been waiting for Matteo to find his special someone since we first met him. Melanie might have been a little hesitant about starting anything with him, but she couldn't resist his smolder and longing looks.

But before that, let's look at why Melanie had to wrap her head around things before she could be comfortable starting a relationship with him. First off, Matteo was her boss at the bar. Which is workable because the Speakeasy has several people who are couples working there. Then she took him up on his offer to watch his daughter, which kind of made him her boss again. Kind of. Plus, there's Lauren. Lauren's adorable and smart and Melanie didn't want to mess anything up with her if things went sour with Matteo.

On Matteo's end, finding someone he trusted with his daughter was huge. Meaning, he didn't want to mess that up if things took a turn. But the more time he spent with Melanie and every time he saw how wonderful she was with his kiddo just made him like her more. Soon they were both deciding that mayyyybe it would be okay to progress things to the next level. AND THINGS HAPPENED.

A feisty kiddo, a single dad who knows a good thing when he sees it, and a lady who likes the whole father/daughter package. GOOD STUFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment