Monday, July 1, 2024

Fury by Anna Hackett [Review]

Fury (Fury Brothers #1) by Anna Hackett
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: September 9, 2023

Fury Brothers
1. Fury - Paperback | Kindle
2. Keep
3. Burn

Related Series:
(find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
Sentinel Security
1. Wolf

Anna Hackett
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I’m not looking for a hero, and definitely not a fake relationship with my new boss, nightclub owner Dante Fury—over six feet of dark, hot, and dangerous.

But he isn’t taking no for an answer.

The plan was to run, live under the radar, survive. My life’s been destroyed by some very bad people and everything I know is gone—career, friends, family. I thought I could hide as a bartender at New Orleans’ hottest new club, Ember.

I can’t trust anyone, but after I’m attacked, Dante is determined to play protector by claiming me as his. No one would dare touch the woman of one of the Fury brothers. Suddenly, I’m living at his place, and he’s touching me, kissing me, taking care of me…

Dante makes it very hard to remember this relationship isn’t real. He makes my heart race, but he’s way out of my league, and he’s protecting his own broken pieces.

Nothing this fake should feel this right.

The bad guys won’t give up, but I’m starting to think the biggest danger to me is Dante Fury.

The Fury Brothers: fierce, loyal, and live by their own code
Five men who grew up in foster care and became brothers by choice. They vow to always have each other’s back: no questions, no doubts, no hesitation. They protect their own…always.
Thoughts on Fury: A new series and I am HERE for it. The Fury brothers are fierce, protective, and they have each others' backs when things go sideways. Yesssss.

First up, Dante. A business owner who's a little intense and very locked down. He might like his newest employee, but he's determined to admire her from afar since he NEVER gets involved with the people working for him. HA. The big guy doesn't stand a chance once he allows himself to unbend a little and spend time around Mila in a non-work setting.

As for Mila, with the way her life's imploded recently she can hardly imagine anything other than being on the run and staying alert so she knows if she needs to run again. She might have chosen Dante's bar to work at because he and his brothers have a reputation for protecting those around them, but she has NO idea exactly what that means. Until, you know, she gets attacked and Dante steps in to make sure she's safe.

Suddenly these two sharing space and pretending to be a couple and GUESS WHAT it's not all pretending.

A little danger, a night out on the town, brothers by choice, a lady who learned what she needed to learn from her self-defense classes, and a man who is smart enough to hold onto the person who matches him when she rolls into his life. I'm excited to see what's in store for Dante's brothers and the adventures their ladies will drag them into. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment