Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Burn by Anna Hackett [Review]

Burn (Fury Brothers #3) by Anna Hackett
Format: paperback
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: March 19, 2024

Fury Brothers
1. Fury
2. Keep
3. Burn - Paperback | Kindle
4. Take

Related Series:
(find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
Sentinel Security
1. Wolf

Anna Hackett
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I have one goal—arrest billionaire businessman Kavner Fury.

I’m dedicated to my job as a Treasury agent, and taking down crooked financial criminals. Just like the one who destroyed my family.

Kavner Fury is wealthy, powerful, and ambitious, a combination I know too well. He’s New Orleans’ favorite billionaire. Sure, he’s also handsome, charming, with a hard body no man who sits behind a desk should have, but I have no plans to let that distract me.

He’s my enemy, my nemesis…and pure temptation. I won’t let our scorching attraction derail my investigation. But as my money laundering case leads me into dangerous territory, I find myself under attack.

Injured and betrayed, I’m shocked that there is only one man I can turn to. One man who can keep me safe.
Now I’m working with Kavner, side by side, and I uncover a protective man who’s taking a blow-torch to my icy defenses. I get to see the real man beneath the gorgeous exterior, and I’m having trouble keeping my hands off him.

Suddenly, the only man I trust is my enemy, and we’re both caught up in a fiery attraction that could leave us both burned.
Thoughts on Burn: Sexy, intense Kavner Fury has a determined Treasury agent nipping at his heels and it's a good thing that man has nothing to hide because London is dogged. To be fair, Kav ticks all the profile boxes on the money laundering case she's wading through and what sort of agent would she be if she didn't follow up on all of them. Fortunately for London, Kav is a good sport about the accusations and he REALLY doesn't like the idea of someone moving money and goods through his town. So he decides to help London with her investigation.

As you might imagine, London doesn't love that. Until, you know, she realizes Kav and the other Fury brothers really are on the up and up and mayyyybe teaming up with him isn't the worst thing that could happen.

On Kav's end, he's intrigued by London. He likes her grit and determination and he's fascinated in a way he hasn't ever been. When London's life is threatened, he jumps in and does what any billionaire would do and offers his experience and support. Seeing as the Fury brothers always have each others backs, soon the whole Fury clan is involved.

A twisty investigation, art, steamy kisses, a man who has nothing to hide, and a lady who is formidable in her determination to get things done. MAN, I love these men and the ladies who capture their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment