Date read: September 8, 2013
The Dark-Hunter Universe
1. Fantasy Lover
2. Night Pleasures
3. Night Embrace
4. Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #4, Were-Hunter #1)
5. Kiss of the Night
6. Night Play (Dark-Hunter #6, Were-Hunter#2)
7. Seize the Night
8. Sins of the Night
9. Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
10. Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #10, Were-Hunter #4)
11. The Dream-Hunter (Dark-Hunter #11, Dream-Hunter #1)
12. Devil May Cry
13. Upon the Midnight Clear (Dark-Hunter #13, Dream-Hunter #2)
14. Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter #14, Dream-Hunter #3)
16. One Silent Night
17. Dream Warrior (Dark-Hunter #17, Dream-Hunter #4) - Paperback | Kindle
18. Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter #18, Were-Hunter #5, Hellchaser #3)
19. No Mercy (Dark-Hunter #19, Were-Hunter #6)
20. Retribution (Dark-Hunter #20, Were-Hunter #7)
21. The Guardian (Dark-Hunter #21, Dream-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #8, Hellchaser #4)
22. Time-Untime (Dark-Hunter #22, Hellchaser #5)
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |
We are the Dolophoni. Diligent. Vigilant. Fierce and inescapable. Servants of the Furies, we are the right hand of justice and no one stands before us...My Thoughts on Dream Warrior: I think this is my favorite of the Dream-Hunter series. I don't know what it is about Jericho and Delphine that works for me, but I've reread this one a couple of times on the sly and it still drags me in and holds me captive until I'm done.
The son of Warcraft and Hate, Cratus spent eternity battling for the ancient gods who birthed him. He was death to any who crossed him. Until the day he laid down his arms and walked into self-imposed exile. Now an ancient enemy has been unleashed and our dreams are his chosen battlefield. The only hope we have is the one god who swears he will never fight again.
As a Dream-Hunter, Delphine has spent eternity protecting mankind from the predators who prey on our unconscious state. But now that her allies have been turned, she knows in order to survive, the Dream-Hunters need a new leader. Someone who can train them to fight their new enemies. Cratus is her only hope. But she is a bitter reminder of why he chose to lay down his arms.
Time is running out and if she can't win him to her cause, mankind will be slaughtered and the world we know will soon cease to exist.
Wait. Maybe I do know. Let's take a look, shall we?
Jericho/Cratus has had a completely craptastic exile. Honestly, you'd think that the exile thing would be bad enough but the way Zeus punishes him is brutal. I'm not the hugest fan of Zeus as it is, but his actions toward Cratus and the reasoning behind why he cursed the Oneroi just cemented his douchcanoe status.
Jerky gods are jerks.
So, Jericho/Cratus has an awful life. He's wary of trusting anyone -- with good reason -- and he wants to wreak a little vengeance on the Greek pantheon. Frankly, I don't blame him. Delphine is the exact opposite of him. She trusts. She's unswervingly loyal. She doesn't back down when the people she loves are in danger.
And this baffles Jericho. Man, watching as her kindness breaks through his walls makes me all mushy inside.
Meanwhile, the bad guys are bad, the good guys have a little infighting going on, and we get some big movement in the overriding arc. The whole Jaden/Jared thing intrigues me. I want to see more of them and unravel what they are to one another and how they fit in overall.