Monday, February 17, 2014

The Bite Before Christmas by Lynsay Sands, Jeaniene Frost [Review]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D08Q5XK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00D08Q5XK&linkCode=as2&tag=ufya-paranormalreviews-20
The Bite Before Christmas by Lynsay Sands, Jeaniene Frost
Format: hardcover
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: December 8, 2013

Amazon links - Hardcover | Paperback | Kindle

Lynsay Sands
| WebsiteAmazon |

Jeaniene Frost
| WebsiteAmazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
The Gift by Lynsay Sands
Teddy Brunswick knows about the immortals among us. He’s worked with them, called them friend—but he never counted on being snowed in with one over Christmas. Katricia Argeneau is a tasty little bundle and she seems to feel the same way about him. Problem is, he’s not sure she feels quite the same way. After all, the snowstorm has derailed her blood delivery, which leaves him the only available meal on the menu. . . .

Home for the Holidays by Jeaniene Frost
Cat and Bones are looking forward to a normal holiday—at least as “normal” as it gets for the combustible vampire couple and their otherworldly friends and family. But their yuletide plans are shattered when a stranger shows up and reveals long-buried family secrets that threaten to take a bite out of their holiday cheer . . . and lives..
Thoughts on The Bite Before Christmas: Vampires. Lots of vampires. And snow.

The Gift: My first foray in the Argeneau world (I have several of the earlier books, I just haven't read them yet) and I must say I liked what I saw. Katricia has a strong suspicion as to what Teddy is to her the first time she lays eyes on him, it's just a matter of convincing him. Being snowed in gives her to perfect opportunity to let him get to know her.

Fun and now I want to pick up those earlier books and get to reading them.

Home for the Holidays: Good gravy! I had forgotten how much I adore Cat and Bones. It's been a while since I played in their sandbox and THOSE TWO. I can't lie, I have the biggest soft spot for Ian, too. He's a slutty man-whore but he's so UPFRONT about it. This is me. Take it or take it. Love it! (also, guys with piercings... yum!)

I was very impressed with how much story was packed into this novella. Cat, Bones, some long buried secrets, and a couple of twists you won't see coming. You know what they say, you can't keep a good vampire down. I don't know how that relates to this story but... umm, yeah. GO, CAT AND BONES!

Night Huntress
0.5. Reckoning
1. Halfway to the Grave
1.5. Happily Never After
2. One Foot in the Grave
3. At Grave's End
3.5. Devil to Pay
4. Destined for an Early Grave
4.5. One for the Money
5. This Side of the Grave
6. One Grave at a Time
6.5. Home for the Holidays
7. Up from the Grave
8. A Grave Girls' Getaway
9. The Other Half of the Grave
10. Both Feet in the Grave


2 comments:

  1. You can't keep a vampire down... unless the vampire's gone down and in which case, leave them be?

    ReplyDelete