Friday, November 1, 2013

With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent [Review]

With All My Soul (Soul Screamers #7) by Rachel Vincent
Format: paperback
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: September 4, 2013

Soul Screamers
Prequel: Fearless (Kiss Me Deadly)
0.5. My Soul To Lose [Double Take Review]
1. My Soul To Take [Double Take Review]
2. My Soul To Save [Double Take Review]
3. My Soul To Keep [Double Take Review]
3.5. Reaper [Double Take Review]
4. My Soul To Steal [Double Take Review]
5. If I Die [Double Take Review]
5.5. Never to Sleep
6. Before I Wake
7. With All My Soul - Paperback | Kindle

Rachel Vincent
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
What does it mean when your school is voted the most dangerous in America? It's time to kick some hellion butt...

After not really surviving her junior year (does "undead" count as survival?), Kaylee Cavanaugh has vowed to take back her school from the hellions causing all the trouble. She's going to find a way to turn the incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another in order to protect her friends and finish this war, once and forever.

But then she meets Wrath and understands that she's closer to the edge than she's ever been. And when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realizes she can't save everyone she loves without risking everything she has....
My Thoughts on With All My Soul: Holy everlovin' what just happened here? I'm not saying this wasn't a fantastic ending to this series BECAUSE IT WAS, but I'm feeling a little shell-shocked and I might resort to keyboard smashing to get my point across. Shell-shocked keyboard smashing, not angry smashing. Just so we're clear.

This has seriously been a long, dangerous, crazy ride for Kaylee and her friends. They've dealt with more death than any normal high school kids should. They've been institutionalized, murdered, maligned, hunted, and threatened with unending torments every time a hellion gets close enough to hurl threats. Did I mention the murder part? Because that happened on more than one occasion.

Needless to say, Kaylee was going to have to come up with a great big, suitably nasty plan to outwit Avari and his greed. And she does. It's awful and perfect and terrible and it doesn't come easy. Hello, shell-shock!

One of the things I absolutely adored in this series (besides the OMG!WTF?BBQPIZZA! craziness of it all) was how the relationships between Kaylee and her various friends has progressed. Kaylee's found her love. It might not have been where she originally thought it would be but it shines so brightly that it transcends death. Emma got screwed in the living department but she has the support of her friends to help her through it. Sabine has zero social skills, yet she's straightforward and says exactly what she means and Kaylee comes to appreciate that about her. Nash and Tod... well, they both have their moments of awesome. And after some of the things Nash did in earlier books, I never thought I'd say that about him.

They're all family and I just want to give them big, squishy hugs because OMG!WTF?BBQPIZZA! Also, Tod might have kinda, sorta stolen my heart. Again. *thumbs up* to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment