Monday, March 22, 2021

Cloudy with a Chance of Witchcraft by Mandy M. Roth [Review]

Cloudy with a Chance of Witchcraft by Mandy M. Roth
Cloudy with a Chance of Witchcraft (Grimm Cove #1) by Mandy M. Roth
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: February 28, 2020

Grimm Cove
1. Cloudy with a Chance of Witchcraft - Paperback | Kindle
2. Hexing with a Chance of Tornadoes
3. Spellcasting with a Chance of Spirits
4. Starry with a Chance of Nightshade
5. Thunder with a Chance of Lovestruck
6. Wind with a Chance of Wolfsbane

Mandy M. Roth
| Website |Amazon|

Synopsis (Goodreads):
When it rains, it pours...

On the eve of my fortieth birthday, Fate has given me a second chance at the happiness I once knew in the odd Southern town of Grimm Cove. But only if I can come to terms with some rather eye-opening revelations. Supernaturals are a real thing. I'm a witch. My high school sweetheart, who happens to be the Chief of Police in Grimm Cove, is my fated mate and a wolf-shifter. Ghosts exist and can be very nosy and meddlesome. Someone is murdering witches left and right. And last but not least, my ex-husband's barely legal arm candy is taking fatal attraction to new levels of Hell.

I'm no shrinking violet, and with the help of my best friends, I'm going to live life on my terms--come Hell, high water, or magikal mishaps.
Thoughts on Cloudy with a Chance of Witchcraft: When things happen (you know, like a cheating husband who suddenly picks up a side chick half his age), what better place to regroup than the house you made great memories in as a child. And if your former flame happens to be living next door, all the better.

Poppy's dealing with a lot before she steps foot back in Grimm Cove and things get even crazier as she comes to realize her house comes with more than just good memories and she's got a lot of untapped power waiting to be let loose. Seriously, tho, having the old flame who she never quite got over living next door makes things a teeny bit easier. Especially once she finds out he's got a few supernatural secrets of his own.

And her friends? They take to Grimm Cove like champs. A little snarky, a little in-touch with the power around them, and fully supportive, I have no doubt all three of these women will find their place (and themselves) with no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment