Date read: August 21, 2013
The Dark-Hunter Universe
1. Fantasy Lover
2. Night Pleasures
3. Night Embrace
4. Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #4, Were-Hunter #1)
5. Kiss of the Night
6. Night Play (Dark-Hunter #6, Were-Hunter#2)
7. Seize the Night
8. Sins of the Night
9. Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
10. Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #10, Were-Hunter #4)
11. The Dream-Hunter (Dark-Hunter #11, Dream-Hunter #1)
12. Devil May Cry
13. Upon the Midnight Clear (Dark-Hunter #13, Dream-Hunter #2)
14. Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter #14, Dream-Hunter #3)
16. One Silent Night - Paperback | Kindle
17. Dream Warrior (Dark-Hunter #17, Dream-Hunter #4)
18. Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter #18, Were-Hunter #5, Hellchaser #3)
19. No Mercy (Dark-Hunter #19, Were-Hunter #6)
20. Retribution (Dark-Hunter #20, Were-Hunter #7)
21. The Guardian (Dark-Hunter #21, Dream-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #8, Hellchaser #4)
22. Time-Untime (Dark-Hunter #22, Hellchaser #5)
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |
While the world carries on unawares, Stryker, who leads an army of demons and vampires, is plotting an all out onslaught against his enemies—which, unfortunately for us, includes the entire human race. To avenge his sister, Stryker prepares to annihilate the Dark-Hunters. But things go awry when his oldest enemy returns. Enter his ex-wife. Zephyra. Just when he thought nothing could stop him, he’s now embroiled in a centuries old war with a shrew who gives new meaning to pain.My Thoughts on One Silent Night: I have to say that for a bad guy, Stryker's not all bad. He's not all good, either, but he has a code and he sticks to it. I don't love the guy or anything (he's kind of the one I love to hate) but just like all the other major players in the Dark-Hunter world, he was shaped by his past and by events beyond his control.
I'm just going to pause a moment to throw in that Apollo is pretty much an ass. Much like many of the major gods. It pains me to think that if he dies, the world dies. Some days, there's just no justice.
So. Stryker. Zephyra. Yeah, those two have a history. It's tangled. Well, mostly it was tangled by Apollo's assishness and Stryker's youth. Eleven thousand years later and Stryker's not the trembling boy he was and he's willing to fight for the things he wants.
Zephyra *might* hold a bit of a grudge against Stryker. Not that I blame her, but she's carrying around a whole lot of bitterness and their reunion is less than civil. Oh, and she's a little bloodthirsty. Not just toward Stryker, either. The things she does to Jared aren't cool. (Oh, man. Jared. *pets him*) Yeah, Zephyra has some issues to work out. As most of Sherrilyn Kenyon's characters do. (and that's why we love them!)
Big movement in the overall arc. BIG movement. Stryker's crew figure out something monumental and Nick's destiny begins to unfold. The world, it is getting bigger. And I love it.