Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Married to Krampus by Marina Simcoe [Review]

Married to Krampus (My Holiday Tails #1) by Marina Simcoe
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: December 5, 2020

My Holiday Tails
1. Married to Krampus - Paperback | Kindle
2. My Tiny Giant
3. My Birthday Getaway
4. New Year, New Planet
5. Mail Order Mom
6. My Pumpkin
7. What Makes an Alien a Dad?

Marina Simcoe
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
My husband has horns, hooves, fur, and a tail.
His Krampus-like appearance didn’t scare me away from marrying him. Forever an optimist, I eagerly agreed to be the first bride shipped under the new liaison program to Voran, a country on the newly discovered planet Neron. The Colonel also has two little boys—a huge plus for me since I adore children.

My down-to-earth sister says I live with my head in the clouds. And maybe I naively hoped for an out-of-this-world romance.

What I didn’t expect was an out-of-this-world brute. The scowling, growling, rough-around-the-edges Colonel proves hard to live with and impossible to love. He’s also proud and possessive and is dead set on keeping me as his wife.

Did I mention he has horns? Well, he’s also horny… And our expectations of marriage don’t exactly align.

There is something behind the scowl of this infuriating man, though, that intrigues me. Catching glimpses of his strong, fur-covered body makes my stomach flutter with excitement.

I came to Voran hoping to find my place in its culture and in the Colonel’s heart.
Could there be a way to make this thing between us work?
Thoughts on Married to Krampus: Upbeat heroines thrown into unknown situations (which really wasn't Daisy's fault in this case since she was shafted {snerf} on relevant info on the planet and people she was heading to) who persevere despite everything thrown at them are my THANG, people. Throw in a grumpy, possessive alien (Hellllllo, Colonel!) and I'm a goner.

Alright. So. Daisy. She's perky, optimistic, and she's kind of thrilled at the chance to interact with the Colonel's kiddos. She's also woefully unprepared for a lot of things when it comes to marriage to Grevar. Like, how his kids live at the academy (not at home as Daisy was expecting) and Grevar is kind of non-communicative. No, that's not right. He communicates, he's just not big on small talk or being friendly.

On his end, Grevar is determined to make this marriage work. As the first Voranian to take a human bride, he's absolutely not going to let this thing that have going on between them fail. But he's...well, there are a few missteps on everyone's side here and things don't go as the Colonel plans. Not at first, at least.

They both have to bend a little to meet in the middle and it's just a fun ride to get them to that point. Because plucky heroines and growly heroes are enjoyable!

1 comment: