Friday, October 14, 2022

My Tiny Giant by Marina Simcoe [Review]

My Tiny Giant (My Holiday Tails #2) by Marina Simcoe
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 20, 2021

My Holiday Tails
1. Married to Krampus
2. My Tiny Giant - Paperback | Kindle
3. My Birthday Getaway
4. New Year, New Planet
5. Mail Order Mom
6. My Pumpkin
7. What Makes an Alien a Dad?

Marina Simcoe
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
During a mission on planet Tragul, I have the misfortune to get stranded with Lieutenant Agan Drankai, the most arrogant prick in the entire alien army of the country Ravie. I save his life during combat. But the big, tough Agan isn’t too pleased about having a “tiny” female as a mission partner.

When he and I end up separated from the rest, we get captured and brought to a secret lab supposedly operated by our allies. A rogue scientist performs an illegal experiment on Agan, which finally allows the cocky lieutenant to get a taste of his own medicine.

The tough guy is now no bigger than my palm.

He thought he hated fighting side by side with a woman before? Now, he literally has to be carried back to his army base by one.

And the safest way for me to do that is to stuff him in my bra.

Despite his small size, Agan’s ego remains as big as ever, but so are his confidence, courage, and loyalty. The better I get to know him, the more I find his “little self” growing on me.

How much does the size really matter? And does it matter at all?
Thoughts on My Tiny Giant: Heh. Put a female soldier in the front line on a world where females ARE NOT seen as fighters and, well, you get a little friction when her femaleness is revealed. Mostly from Agan, since he and Emma are thrown together when they're cut off from the rest of the troops. Then shrink the cocky male down to a few inches tall and, WELL, he starts to see things from a different perspective.

That said, Agan has a big personality even when he's the size of Emma's hand. It takes time for him to come to terms with her ability to fight and defend herself (understandable since he had to rewire his entire way of thinking about the female sex once he met Emma) and Emma had to see him in a less irritating light. Yeah, Agan took a while to shed some of his beliefs, but once he did, he was ALL IN when it came to Emma.

I mean, yeah, he was still protective of her and didn't want her heading into danger or anything, but he also knew she had the skills to defend herself if needed. In other words, that protectiveness was more because he cared about her than because she was strictly female.

Creative sexy times (seriously, Agan is TINY when they first attempt things), yucky aliens the troops are up against, and one very dangerous mission that could change things for Agan's entire world. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment