Wednesday, October 4, 2023

My Pumpkin by Marina Simcoe [Review]

My Pumpkin (My Holiday Tails #6) by Marina Simcoe
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: October 19, 2022

My Holiday Tails
1. Married to Krampus
2. My Tiny Giant
3. My Birthday Getaway
4. New Year, New Planet
5. Mail Order Mom
6. My Pumpkin - Paperback | Kindle
7. What Makes an Alien a Dad?

Marina Simcoe
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
What do a pumpkin, a cyborg, a dog, and an alien have in common?
They are all one person!


When I was ten, my mom bought me a pumpkin for Halloween. A year later, it transformed into a bizarre animal that I ended up raising as my dog.

Except that it isn’t a dog at all. My lazy, lovable pet Pumpkin turns out to be an extremely dangerous fighting machine that never should’ve been created.

Now, those who made him steal him back, taking me along by mistake. I find myself on a haunted spaceship with no crew, hurtling through space with a destination unknown.

As I learn more about the creature I’d grown to love as my childhood friend, I realize how little I knew about him before. When Pumpkin goes through yet another transformation, becoming Maxx, our feelings for each other grow far beyond friendship.

Maxx is so much more than his creators meant for him to be. But can I make the rest of the world see it when the world doesn’t want him to exist at all?
Thoughts on My Pumpkin: A pumpkin that hatches into a dog(-ish) who evolves into a person-ish creature. One who likes Cassy in all the best ways. RAWR!

But seriously, Cassy took care of her strange pet from the beginning and didn't think much of his peculiarities. Then she starts dreaming about a man with mismatched eyes and it throws her for a loop. When she and Pumpkin end up on a spaceship, she realizes her "dog" is a whole lot more than a pet and suddenly those strange dreams start to make a little more sense.

On Maxx's end, he might not have known what he was, but he loved Cassy unconditionally. And those more-than-friendly feelings he'd been having about her recently morphed into something concrete when they end up aboard the spaceship and he realizes what he is.

A "haunted" spaceship, a dangerous planet, a man who is more than he seems, and a woman who likes all of him. Non-standard parts and everything. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment