Saturday, October 15, 2022

My Birthday Getaway by Marina Simcoe [Review]

My Birthday Getaway (My Holiday Tails #3) by Marina Simcoe
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: August 15, 2021

My Holiday Tails
1. Married to Krampus
2. My Tiny Giant
3. My Birthday Getaway - Paperback | Kindle
4. New Year, New Planet
5. Mail Order Mom
6. My Pumpkin
7. What Makes an Alien a Dad?

Marina Simcoe
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Aliens came to Earth to abduct our women, but it backfired. Now they’re returning them, and I'm in charge of shuttling women back from orbit.

Ever since I first laid my eyes on the alien ship’s commander, I’ve had a crush on him. Who can blame me? He’s tall and gorgeous, with skin the color of midnight. He has a voice that can purr or roar and seven long tails that he really knows how to use.

I know I can’t have him. I’ve never even spoken to him. But when an incident renders the commander unconscious, I have no choice but to take him to my remote hunting cabin.

Instead of cooperating, the commander thinks he’s been abducted.

Now, I have a pissed-off alien on the loose in the Canadian wilderness wearing my Snuggie.

I need to find him or risk losing my job and starting an interplanetary conflict—among other things.

What I don’t know is that finding him will cost me my heart.
Thoughts on My Birthday Getaway: Heh. Lori's been crushing on the alien commander for a while, but she's been playing it low and slow and TOTALLY not doing anything about it because of regulations and restrictions plus she's kind of socially awkward. Then she takes a leap and approaches him and every potential thing that could go wrong did and now she's the proud abductor of one alien commander.

Whoops.

As much as Brigan might have admired Lori from afar and as much as he wouldn't have minded spending time with her under other circumstances (like, say, if HE had abducted her), the situation he's found himself in is utterly untenable. He might have had the notion of abducting the quiet pilot for himself, but he absolutely CAN'T be found to be abducted by her. FOR REASONS.

So they simmer and steam and slowly get to know one another as they try to figure out a way out of the mess they're in. Then a very bad thing happens and suddenly keeping quiet about their situation isn't something they can do. Or at least Brigan can't do it. Not when Lori's life is in danger. So he does the one thing that might end their relationship before it really gets going (FOR REASONS!) and HOO-BOY do I like aliens with tails.

A lot of steam, a boatload of cultural issues that need to be figured out, a meddling government agency, and Brigan's tails. *thumbs up* on those tails.

No comments:

Post a Comment