Thursday, February 2, 2023

New Year, New Planet by Marina Simcoe [Review]

New Year, New Planet (My Holiday Tails #4) by Marina Simcoe
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: February 2, 2022

My Holiday Tails
1. Married to Krampus
2. My Tiny Giant
3. My Birthday Getaway
4. New Year, New Planet - Paperback | Kindle
5. Mail Order Mom
6. My Pumpkin
7. What Makes an Alien a Dad?

Marina Simcoe
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Double date to celebrate a new year on the planet Neron sounds like an adventure, especially when my blind date belongs to the little-known alien race of Aldraians.

As a steward of a luxury yacht, most of my adult life has been spent traveling. Now that I’m the lead flight attendant of a spaceship, the new year’s celebration finds me on an entirely new to me planet, Neron.

My blind date, the alien from the planet Aldrai, is huge, strong, and slightly intimidating. But he also turns out charming and easy-going, with an intriguing secret tail that he keeps hidden from view.

I sense Greyx is what the heartache is made of. And I avoid taking risks in my life. Including risking my heart.

When fate brings us together again, whole hell breaks loose. Crazy, impossible things start to happen and now, there’s nothing I can do to stop the life as I know it from spinning out of control.

Nothing is safe about my life anymore.

I find myself in a mysterious facility on a dying planet. It’s run by green, four-legged aliens with sinister motivations. And I’m not sure about Greyx’s involvement in their scheme.

Can I trust him to get me out of this?
Can I afford not to?
Do I even have a choice?
Thoughts on New Year, New Planet: Hoo-boy. This book packed a sweet, sweet punch. And by "sweet" I mean that I really enjoyed it. Because what happened to Tessa and Greyx was NOT sweet. It was kind of harrowing, in fact.

But we'll get to that in a moment. Before the harrowing stuff, Tessa and Greyx had a nice date (that could have turned into something more, but Tessa is conscientious and Greyx is a gentleman) that ended before anything could really happen between them. Tessa assumed she'd never see the handsome alien again and she knows herself well enough to know that she's not cut out for a one and done.|

Then Greyx shows up on the shuttle Tessa's working on and there's potential for them to connect. Well, until the shuttle is attacked and they're abducted to take part in some seriously shady fighting rings (among other things) and things go wildly sideways.

A little bloodshed, an escape or two, a strong alien trying to control himself in an awful situation, and a woman who refuses to give up even when things are looking pretty bleak. These two had a rough road (not of their making) to get to their happy place and I am HERE for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment