Friday, September 24, 2021

Delivering Evil for Experts by Annette Marie [Review]

Delivering Evil for Experts (The Guild Codex: Demonized #4) by Annette Marie
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: October 16, 2020

The Guild Codex: Demonized
1. Taming Demons for Beginners
2. Slaying Monsters for the Feeble
3. Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped
4. Delivering Evil for ExpertsKindle

Related Series:
(Find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
The Guild Codex: Spellbound
1. Three Mages and a Margarita

The Guild Codex: Warped
1. Warping Minds & Other Misdemeanors

Annette Marie
Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I promised to avenge my parents.

But their killer is still on the loose, and he's stolen more than my parents' lives. Now, as he draws closer to his mysterious goals, he's poised to destroy what little I have left.

I promised to translate an ancient grimoire.

But it holds the secrets of my family--and the secret history of demon summoning. I fear its answers as much as I need them. Who was the foremother of Demonica...and who am I?

I promised to send my demon home.

But the way he watches me, the way he protects me, the way he touches me--how can I cast him away forever? I swore I would do this for him, but can I? Should I?

But I promised--and I will keep my promises even if they cost me my heart, my soul, and my life.
Thoughts on Delivering Evil for Experts: I'm always a little bummed to have a series I'm invested in end, but MAN did this one give me everything I wanted. Running parallel to Tori and her crew's actions to save Ezra, we get to see how Robin, Zylas, and Amalia figured out the spells to help Ezra in his fight. We got to see the epic battle between the cultists and the guilds from Robin's point of view and we got to spend LOTS of quality time with the summoner and her demon as they worked together to fulfill Robin's promise to send Zylas home.

Which isn't exactly what Robin wants, but she did make a promise. Robin is still running scared when it comes to her feelings (understandably) and she's terrified of the day she'll be abandoned by the person who means the most to her (again) and these two have to figure out how to share all those scary emotions bubbling up between them. Let's just say it's a bumpy road to get where they need to be and it's not made any easier by (a) the loss of their telepathic link and (b) the reality of how the next spell they need to cast needs to play out in order for it to work.

Yeah, it's a bumpy road. But it's so so SO gloriously worth it when things finally come together.

A little infighting, some surprisingly allies, magic, mayhem, and steamy kisses (among other things). Like I said, I'm bummed to see this series come to end, BUT WHAT A WAY TO GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment