Friday, September 3, 2021

Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped by Annette Marie [Review]

Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped by Annette Marie
Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped (The Guild Codex: Demonized #3) by Annette Marie
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 6, 2020

The Guild Codex: Demonized
1. Taming Demons for Beginners
2. Slaying Monsters for the Feeble
3. Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped - Paperback | Kindle
4. Delivering Evil for Experts

Related Series:
(Find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
The Guild Codex: Spellbound
1. Three Mages and a Margarita

The Guild Codex: Warped
1. Warping Minds & Other Misdemeanors

Annette Marie
Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I thought I understood power.

My parents taught me that magic attracts equal danger, and everything I've seen since becoming a demon contractor confirms it. I've witnessed how power twists and corrupts--and I've tasted power no human should wield.

I thought I knew greed.

Ambition and avarice drove my family into hiding. My parents died for someone else's greed. I've never hunted anything in my life, but now I'm hunting their killer--with my demon's help.

I thought I'd seen evil.

But with each step closer to my parents' murderer, I'm uncovering a different sort of evil, piece by hidden piece. I've stumbled into an insidious web that silently, secretly ensnares everything it touches. My demon and I came as the hunters...

...but I think we might be the prey.
Thoughts on Hunting fiends for the Ill-Equipped: I'm still hardcore loving this series (Robin and Zylas! YAY!) and I'm SO into the world created here. Magic and demons and secrets that look like they're going to have huge repercussions down the line. SWOON.

Robin is still figuring out her abilities and her unruly emotions. Actually, it's not so much her abilities, but how she fits in with them. Maybe? Having been kept in the dark about her family's history with demons and magic puts her at a bit of a disadvantage compared to others, but it also allows her to look at Zylas in a different light than others who have studied Demonica their entire lives. And let's just say she's uncovering some innnnntersting things in her family grimoire that help her come to terms with some of what she's dealing with.

Meanwhile, Zylas is...well, I like the guy and he's only getting more likable the more he comes to understand Robin's world and why she does some of the things she does. He's a stranger in a strange land and he's making it work for him. (Seriously, I like this feisty demon. Even when he's being insulting and enigmatic. He's fun and a little bloodthirsty and he's all about keeping Robin safe. YES!)

We're getting answers, but some of those answers lead to more questions. Which...let's just say I'm SUPER excited about the next book. (Demons and demon-mages and magic, OH MY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment