Thursday, September 2, 2021

Slaying Monsters for the Feeble by Annette Marie [Review]

Slaying Monsters for the Feeble by Annette Marie
Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized #2) by Annette Marie
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 5, 2020

The Guild Codex: Demonized
1. Taming Demons for Beginners
2. Slaying Monsters for the Feeble - Paperback | Kindle
3. Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped
4. Delivering Evil for Experts

Related Series:
(Find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
The Guild Codex: Spellbound
1. Three Mages and a Margarita

The Guild Codex: Warped
1. Warping Minds & Other Misdemeanors

Annette Marie
Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I'm bound to a demon.

For my entire life, I avoided magic at all costs. Now, I'm responsible for a demon who wields magic more powerful than the toughest mage or sorcerer.

Demons are evil.

That's what my textbooks say. That's what I see. He's ruthless, he's temperamental, he's cold. But he protects me without fail. I wonder if he's hiding a heart behind his hostility.

My demon is a monster.

Whether he's heartless or not, my contract with him is illegal and beyond dangerous. Together, we must find a way to return him to his own world before anyone discovers our secret. If that wasn't bad enough, I've come to realize something else:

My demon isn't the only monster I should be worried about.
Thoughts on Slaying Monsters for the Feeble: Oh, MAN, I am into Robin and Zylas figuring things out between them. And all the other stuff, of course. Like Amalia and the Crow and Hammer gang and just EVERYTHING. *deep breath* (Bonus: I really kinda love how Robin's story runs parallel with Tori and her BFFs' story. GOOD STUFF ALL AROUND!)

As for Robin, she's the new girl at a new guild (AGAIN!) and she has to start all over at figuring how she fits in with everyone. Throw in her promise to Zylas that she'd try to find him a way home (easier said than done) while also navigating the pitfalls of being bound to a demon who very much has a mind of his own (Zylas is great. Really. I like the dude and his sly intelligence so much) and things are a little complicated.

But Robin is smart and Zylas is all in on keeping her safe (even if his definition of safe and hers don't always align), so it might be complicated, but the two of them are making it work.

As for Zylas, he's smart and quick and he's figuring out the differences between his world and Robin's world. Does he make mistakes? Of course. But, again, he's smart and he listens to what's being said as well as what isn't being said. (Did I mention I like this demon? Because I do. He's fun even when he's a grumpy grump and starts insulting people in his language.)

I'ms till loving this series hard. So hard. I'm Team Robin an Zylas all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment