Friday, September 10, 2021

Two Witches and a Whiskey by Annette Marie [Review]

Two Witches and a Whiskey by Annette Marie
Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound #3) by Annette Marie
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 8, 2020

The Guild Codex: Spellbound
0.5. A Damsel and a Demigod
1. Three Mages and a Margarita
2. Dark Arts and a Daiquiri
3. Two Witches and a Whiskey - Paperback | Kindle
4. Demon Magic and a Martini
5. The Alchemist and an Amaretto
6. Druid Vices and a Vodka
7. Lost Talismans and a Tequila
8. Damned Souls and a Sangria

Related Series:
(Find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
The Guild Codex: Demonized
1. Taming Demons for Beginners

The Guild Codex: Warped
1. Warping Minds & Other Misdemeanors

Annette Marie
Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Three months ago, I landed a job as a bartender. But not at a bar—at a guild. Yeah, the magic kind.

I'm not a badass mage like my three smokin' hot best friends. I'm not a sorcerer or an alchemist, or even a wussy witch. I'm just a human, slinging drinks like a pro and keeping my non-magical nose out of mythic business. Seriously, I know my limits.

So why am I currently standing in a black-magic ritual circle across from a fae lord?

Somewhere behind me, my three mage friends are battling for their lives. Somewhere near my feet is the rogue witch I just knocked out with a stolen spell. And I have about five seconds to convince this very angry sea god not to shmoosh me like a bug.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't part of the job description.
Thoughts on Two Witches and a Whiskey: Tori's definitely carving out a place for herself in the mythic world. She's making friends with fae, helping rogues, gathering magic artifacts and favors, and, well, just generally finding herself in the middle of things that would absolutely flatten any other non-magical person.

Her fighting spirit (and her three best friends) keep her pushing forward even when all signs point to imminent destruction of everything she holds dear. Tori wouldn't be Tori, though, if she gave up at the drop of a hat, so it's really no surprise she finds a way to make things work out.

In other words, she fights and makes unconventional friends and accidentally reveals her involvement in the magical world to a certain sibling. WHOOPS. Did you see the making friends part, though? Yep! Tori's gathering a few people who have her back around her and that's awesome. (Also, her fae familiar! YAY!)

I'm still loving on this world and all the craziness Tori and the others have to deal with. (And I'm SUPER excited for a certain demon and his contractor coming up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment