Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Lost Talismans and a Tequila by Annette Marie [Review]

Lost Talismans and a Tequila by Annette Marie
Lost Talismans and a Tequila (The Guild Codex: Spellbound #7) by Annette Marie
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 18, 2020

The Guild Codex: Spellbound
0.5. A Damsel and a Demigod
1. Three Mages and a Margarita
2. Dark Arts and a Daiquiri
3. Two Witches and a Whiskey
4. Demon Magic and a Martini
5. The Alchemist and an Amaretto
6. Druid Vices and a Vodka
7. Lost Talismans and a Tequila - Paperback | Kindle
8. Damned Souls and a Sangria

Related Series:
(Find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
The Guild Codex: Demonized
1. Taming Demons for Beginners

The Guild Codex: Warped
1. Warping Minds & Other Misdemeanors

Annette Marie
Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
You know that squirmy sensation in your gut when you have no idea what you're doing and you're about to screw everything up?

Yeah, that feeling.

I thought I was a good judge of character, but recent events proved me very wrong. Now, in a brilliant demonstration of my newfound caution, I'm putting all my faith in a demon—a demon who's tried to kill me before. The squirmy feeling is making sense, right?

Unfortunately, I don't have any other options. Ezra's time is almost up, which means I need answers and I need them fast. So it's time to toughen up, pack my gear, and find me one of the most illegal, reviled, and scarce mythics out there: a demon-mage summoner.

And all I have to do is follow a demon's instructions on where to look. How could that go wrong?
Thoughts on Lost Talismans and a Tequila: Okay. OKAY. (those are excited okays, just so you know.) Things are falling into place for the big finale and I am SO here for it. Which isn't to say things are easy for Tori and the boys, but I can practically see things starting to line up and YESSSSSS.

With time running out for Ezra to find answers, Tori, Aaron, and Kai (along with a few others) head out to where it all began. They find answers (of a sort), a conspiracy that goes far deeper than they imagined, and a tangled web of events that touches more than just them. (And we get a glimpse of Zylas being Zylas and I'm giving a double YESSSSSS to that. I like that demon. Especially when he's being all demon-y and Robin has to rein him back in.)

With her newfound (or at least newly-admitted) feelings for Ezra, Tori is absolutely not willing to give up on him and she pushes and shoves her BFFs into picking up the fight for his sanity and life again. Even better, in a roundabout way she get Ezra to commit to it, too. (And I REALLY like those two together, so them being a them makes me happy.)

Things are gearing up for the final battle and HOO-BOY I'm excited. Demons and mages and magic and VERY BAD PEOPLE DOING VERY BAD THINGS. Tori and the boys are in for a fight and I AM READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment