Thursday, September 23, 2021

Damned Souls and a Sangria by Annette Marie [Review]

Damned Souls and a Sangria (The Guild Codex: Spellbound #8) by Annette Marie

Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: October 6, 2020

The Guild Codex: Spellbound
0.5. A Damsel and a Demigod
1. Three Mages and a Margarita
2. Dark Arts and a Daiquiri
3. Two Witches and a Whiskey
4. Demon Magic and a Martini
5. The Alchemist and an Amaretto
6. Druid Vices and a Vodka
7. Lost Talismans and a Tequila
8. Damned Souls and a SangriaKindle

Related Series:
(Find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
The Guild Codex: Demonized
1. Taming Demons for Beginners

The Guild Codex: Warped
1. Warping Minds & Other Misdemeanors

Annette Marie
Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Once upon a time, I was your average spunky redhead with the lamest employment history ever, a shaky relationship with my only family member, and no idea what I was doing with my life.

Now, I'm a pseudo mythic with the best bartending job in the world, the most amazing (and hot) best friends I never knew I needed, and a guild of misfit magic-users who've become my extended family.

And I'm about to lose it all.

In my desperation to save Ezra, I stumbled into a web of ruthless deception—and seriously pissed off a sleeping hydra. Now its every murderous head is turned toward me and my guild, and I don't know how to stop it. I'm not sure I can.

I'm not sure anyone can.

But if we don't, we're all doomed—Ezra, Aaron, Kai, and my beloved guild.
Thoughts on Damned Souls and a Sangria: Oh, what a satisfying ending to everything Tori and her guild have been through. Bad guys were confronted, allies were unearthed (not literally). Heck, Tori, who struggled so valiantly with finding her place in the world when we first met her, has done just that. She has friends and family and a certain special someone who will support her through anything that gets thrown in her direction.

But before she reaches that point, the group has several hurdles to overcome. You know, things like Ezra's demon and the twisted guild on their trail and MagiPol making unilateral decisions that paints a target on everyone's back.

The hurdles are pretty big, but they have a solid crew and a lot of can-do spirit. And a few of those aforementioned allies who help in big ways.

Satisfying, a little bloody, and a whole lot of fun. I'm always sorry to see a series of this caliber end, but BOY did I like where it went. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment