Friday, September 17, 2021

Druid Vices and a Vodka by Annette Marie [Review]

Druid Vices and a Vodka by Annette Marie
Druid Vices and a Vodka (The Guild Codex: Spellbound #6) by Annette Marie
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 10, 2020

The Guild Codex: Spellbound
0.5. A Damsel and a Demigod
1. Three Mages and a Margarita
2. Dark Arts and a Daiquiri
3. Two Witches and a Whiskey
4. Demon Magic and a Martini
5. The Alchemist and an Amaretto
6. Druid Vices and a Vodka - Paperback | Kindle
7. Lost Talismans and a Tequila
8. Damned Souls and a Sangria

Related Series:
(Find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
The Guild Codex: Demonized
1. Taming Demons for Beginners

The Guild Codex: Warped
1. Warping Minds & Other Misdemeanors

Annette Marie
Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I've said it before, but sometimes I'm a bad person. I cheated on my twelfth grade math final, I've run countless yellow lights, and I gossip about how hot my kickass best friends are. (Good thing my job as a guild bartender doesn't require moral perfection.)

But there's bad, and then there's bad. And I'm not sure which applies to a certain dark druid/wanted criminal/reluctant friend of mine. His transgressions include black-magic dealings, kidnapping, and murder, and he's about to add "revenge-fueled killing spree" to his resume—if I don't stop him.

Should I stop him?

He and his nemesis are gearing up to tear each other apart, rogues and vultures are converging with their sights on the spoils, and the guilds that would normally stomp them into the ground are under attack. We're on the brink of an all-out criminal turf war, and my time to decide is almost up.

Who's the real bad guy ... and do I dare stand in his way?
Thoughts on Druid Vices and a Vodka: Oh man. Zak has always struck me as pretty much a decent guy. Even when he had Tori imprisoned on his farm, he treated her with decency. And the reasons he did the things he did might seem dastardly at first glance, but he did them because they needed to be done and they weren't all that evil when you started peeling back the layers.

Which means I don't really know how to feel about what happened here. His actions were...not so great at times. But he was also grieving and his secret identity had been broken wide open and things were a hot mess. So part of me gets it. And the stuff with his familiar/consort make me SUPER NOT TRUST HER. Manipulative much? OH YES.

Not going to lie, I'm really REALLY hoping a certain bad boy druid comes to figure out that winning sometimes comes at a cost that's too high. I'm also hoping that some of those bridges he burned are able to be repaired.

Also, also...Shane the bounty hunter is a jerk.

As for Tori, she learned some hard lessons this time around. She also loses things she's come to rely on. (And, OMG!KAI!) Yep, I'm still digging this series and can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment