Tuesday, December 13, 2022

That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon by Kimberly Lemming [Review]

That Time I Got Drunk and Saved  Demon (Mead Mishaps #1) by Kimberly Lemming
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: January 5, 2022

Mead Mishaps
1. That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon - Paperback | Kindle
2. That Time I Got Drunk and Yeeted a Love Potion at a Werewolf

Related Series:
(find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
Mead Realm Tales
Mistlefoe

Kimberly Lemming
| WebsiteAmazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
All I wanted to do was live my life in peace. Maybe get a cat, expand my spice farm. Really anything that doesn’t involve going on a quest where an orc might rip my face off. But they say the Goddess has favorites. If so, I’m clearly not one of them.

After saving the demon Fallon in a wine-drunk stupor, all he wanted to do was kill an evil witch enslaving his people.

I mean, I get it. Don't get me wrong. But he's dragging me along for the ride, and I'm kind of peeved about it. On the bright side, he keeps burning off his shirt.
Thoughts on That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon: This is one of those books that was EXACTLY what I wanted to read before I even knew what I wanted. It's a little wild, a little chaotic, and it's chock full of characters I enjoyed. Cin thinks she's boring and careful, but she's a wild thing at heart. Accidentally saving Fallon and being forced to help him is just the thing she needs to break her of out her staid existence.

The fact Fallon is a demon (of sorts) and he's hunky and smart and isn't afraid of putting himself on the line when things happen kind of scrambles Cin's head. She likes the guy, but she doesn't want to like the guy (because he's a demon!) and it takes a little time for her to see that demon doesn't equate to evil. Plus, he has a sweeeeeet shapeshifted form.

As for Fallon, he's a little gone on Cin once he's not under the witch's spell. She's sassy and she thinks on her feet and she's everything he's been looking for in a lady. Plus, she wields a mean handful of cinnamon. (which will make sense once you read the book!)

A rousing adventure, a little carnage, a witch who's doing her level best to wipe our heroes out, and a demon who knows how to show a lady a good time. Niiiiiiice.

No comments:

Post a Comment