Friday, April 26, 2024

Gargoyles Just Want to Have Fun by Ava Ross [Review]

Gargoyles Just Want to Have Fun (Monsterville, USA #1) by Ava Ross
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 27, 2023

Monsterville, USA
Candy for My Orc Boss
Orc Me Baby One More Time
1. Gargoyles Just Want to Have Fun - Paperback | Kindle
2. Don't Go Knotting My Heart
3. Whose Bed Have Your Claws Been Under?
4. Uptown Orge
5. Oops, I Elf'd It Again
6. My Orc-y Breaky Heart
7. Hold Me Closer, Fiery Phoenix
8. Who Let the Demon Out?

Ava Ross
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
There’s more to being a gargoyle’s wife than just saying I do.

While struggling to raise my little sister, I suddenly inherit a run-down B&B from a grandmother I didn’t know existed. The only condition to inherit is that I marry and live with my husband for a year.

One problem. I’m not dating, and the only one I want to propose to is the gargoyle I’ve been crushing on for months. When I explain, Goreg offers a marriage of convenience with a quickie divorce at the end. He’s sweet and shy, and with his muscular frame and glorious wings, I’m kind of blown away by his offer even if he does occasionally turn to stone and lurk on the roof.

I’ve got one year to convince Goreg we have a chance at forever. But then his brothers and wolf shifter best friend move in to help fix up the B&B, and it’s one cultural mishap after another. When the year is up, I’ll have to decide. Do I want to be single again or remain a gargoyle’s bride?
Thoughts on Gargoyles Just Want to Have Fun: Okay. We're stepping into Monsterville where a freshly relocated human lady needs to find someone to marry so she can claim her inheritance. Which, honestly, could have turned out pretty badly because Violet didn't know many people in town so it's not like she had a huge catalog of suitors to draw from.

Fortunately (for both her AND Goreg), the gargoyle she's been crushing on happened to be in the right place at the right time and soon the two are tying the knot. Unfortunately, there was a lot of cultural things that got glossed over since they basically rushed into the wedding. On the other hand, gargoyles seem pretty secretive, so maybe that stuff would have been glossed over even if they'd been together for a while.

Anywho. Violet and Goreg. She's trying to take care of her family the best way she knows how and he's sort of the black sheep of his family (not necessarily in a bad way, but Goreg definitely doesn't follow the traditional gargoyle path). They get to know one another on the fly and with Goreg's brothers interfering in the way only gargoyle brothers can.

Family, friends, a big house, some questionable serenading, and more than a few steamy kisses. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment