Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Uptown Ogre by Ava Ross [Review]

Uptown Ogre (Monsterville, USA #4) by Ava Ross
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 1, 2023

Monsterville, USA
Candy for My Orc Boss
Orc Me Baby One More Time
1. Gargoyles Just Want to Have Fun
2. Don't Go Knotting My Heart
3. Whose Bed Have Your Claws Been Under?
4. Uptown Orge - Paperback | Kindle
5. Oops, I Elf'd It Again
6. My Orc-y Breaky Heart
7. Hold Me Closer, Fiery Phoenix
8. Who Let the Demon Out?

Ava Ross
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
A suit-wearing ogre is pretending to be my boyfriend, and I think I’m falling in love.

After being ousted from my small town by an underhanded wedding planner who is also now my ex, I moved to Monsterville for a fresh start. There, I find myself in direct competition with the hottest ogre in town, Raze. He’s too cocky and snobby for his own good, and he wears designer suits and ties all the time. I sometimes wonder if he wears them to bed.

When my ex shows up in Monsterville, determined to win me back, Raze steps in, offering to pretend he’s my boyfriend and business partner. Only when my ex tries to outbid me on a royal fae wedding do I agree. With our combined forces, Raze and I will win the job and send my ex packing.

The more time I spend with Raze, however, the more I wish he was my real boyfriend. Can I convince him that an ogre and a human are the perfect monster match?
Thoughts on Uptown Ogre: Well now. Raze and Elisa, who sort of butted heads during the weekend wedding festivities, are up and they don't do things easily. Well, actually, they do SOME things easily. It's almost like when they get out of their own way and don't overthink THINGS HAPPEN. Sexy things. Which these two need.

So. Raze and Elisa. He's a kind of uptight ogre (or at least he seems kind of uptight) and she's a human. They both do wedding planning. They both have a little baggage they need to work through. To be fair, Elisa's baggage comes in the form of her ex and she's been pretty clear that she's NOT interested in being with him in any way, shape, or form, so she's worked on her baggage. It's just that said ex isn't taking no for an answer. Which is not cool, slimy ex. Not cool at all.

In other words, Elisa needs a little outside intervention to keep her ex from getting truly creepy.

Raze, on the other hand, has a lot of internalized familial issues he needs to deal with. Which he does. It just takes a little prodding from his mom and a few spell components for him to stop the little voice in his head telling him what he can and can't do.

Familiar faces, tantalizing hints about a certain demon sheriff and his lost lady love, a very persistent ex who needs to learn that no means no, a matchmaking agency that makes our heroine blush, an ogre who learned some hard lessons as a child, and a human lady who enjoys getting down and dirty with the sexy ogre across the hall. OH, YEAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment