Friday, May 3, 2024

My Orc-y Breaky Heart by Ava Ross [Review]

My Orc'y Breaky Heart (Monsterville, USA #6) by Ava Ross
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: August 3, 2023

Monsterville, USA
Candy for My Orc Boss
Orc Me Baby One More Time
1. Gargoyles Just Want to Have Fun
2. Don't Go Knotting My Heart
3. Whose Bed Have Your Claws Been Under?
4. Uptown Orge
5. Oops, I Elf'd It Again
6. My Orc-y Breaky Heart - Paperback | Kindle
7. Hold Me Closer, Fiery Phoenix
8. Who Let the Demon Out?

Ava Ross
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Is my hot orc neighbor my crush or is he actually my soulmate?

My hunky orc neighbor, Vrok, who I'd love to get to know better, keeps ignoring me. But when he overhears me reading the draft of my steamy romance novel out loud, he tells me he has ideas to make the male point of view better.

Yeah, sure.

One thing leads to another, and soon we’re not only working on dialogue, but we’re also acting out some of the hotter scenes.

Somewhere between Chapter Fifteen and a troll roller coaster ride, we start falling for each other. Then mate bond symbols appear on our wrists.

Now we can’t tell if what we’re feeling is real or not. If we break the bond, will we still be in love?
Thoughts on My Orc-y Breaky Heart: Vrok, who had his heart broken (or maybe it's just his trust that was broken) by his pink loving former fiancée, is up and his lady love is Seyla, his romance writing next door neighbor who wouldn't mind a little help working through some of the issues in her book. Heh. Yeah. It's not so much working through issues as making sure all the scenes work on an anatomical level, methinks.

Seriously, though. Vrok is heart-wary and he keeps telling himself he's not interested in starting a relationship with anybody. Seyla might intrigue him, but he's not interested. He might have mating bond symbols and all that, BUT STILL. Yeah, the guy is convinced and there's nothing anybody can do to sway him from his course.

That includes Seyla and her naughty scenes for her book. And their naughty times in the kitchen. And their long, smoldering looks. Seyla's all in, basically. But she's also aware that Vrok isn't interested (which is a lie, because the guy is INTERESTED with all caps) and she doesn't want to force anyone into a relationship they don't want to be in. So she agrees to do the unthinkable and break their bond.

YIKES, my friends. Nobody thinks that's a good idea and as black moments go, it's a doozy. Still, these two end up where they need to be despite all the roadblocks they throw up for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment