Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Who Let the Demon Out? by Ava Ross [Review]

Who Let the Demon Out (Monsterville, USA #8) by Ava Ross
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: August 31, 2023

Monsterville, USA
Candy for My Orc Boss
Orc Me Baby One More Time
1. Gargoyles Just Want to Have Fun
2. Don't Go Knotting My Heart
3. Whose Bed Have Your Claws Been Under?
4. Uptown Orge
5. Oops, I Elf'd It Again
6. My Orc-y Breaky Heart
7. Hold Me Closer, Fiery Phoenix
8. Who Let the Demon Out? - Paperback | Kindle

Ava Ross
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Do gruff, growly demons deserve second chances?

Four years ago, I fell in love with a demon. Then he bailed on me, leaving me with a broken heart and a big secret. When I see a news article about Monsterville’s new demon sheriff, I recognize Venom. My heart may have healed, but our past isn’t over.

I present him with our daughter, and he’s stunned and overjoyed. He’s still the gruff, growly demon I fell for with a soft, squishy inside he hides from the world.

He has a good excuse for leaving me.

He’s putting on the heat, making me fall for him all over again.

And he wants a second chance.

Do I dare trust my heart to the demon who hurt me?
Thoughts on Who Let the Demon Out?: Venom, the somewhat surly sheriff, is up and there are a few complications with his lady love. The biggest one being that he believed Ali was dead. Yeah, he was a closed-off, snarly mess of a demon because of it and having her show up in town with a wee one who's CLEARLY his throws him for a loop. Not in a bad way, mind you. The big guy just has to wrap his head around the fact his one and only WASN'T dead and he had an adorable daughter to boot.

On Ali's end, circumstances had her believing the worst about Venom, but she's big-hearted enough to give him a chance to meet his daughter when she finally tracks him down. Given what she believed, she definitely didn't expect him to be overjoyed to see her, so their reunion takes a little mental reorganizing on her end when it happens.

Because Venom is VERY happy be reunited. But he's also concerned that the person who orchestrated their breakup before will strike again. So he has to figure out how to keep both Ali and his daughter safe while working on eliminating the threat against them.

Yeah, it's a little complicated. But Venom has made friends in his time as sheriff and it doesn't take long before the entire town is rallying around them and doing their level best to help.

More than a little danger, a lady who ADORES being a grandmother, a protective pup, friends who will do anything they can to help, a demon who has a second chance with the woman he believes he lost, and a lady who is willing to listen to her heart and trust her demon with the safety of her family. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment