Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Whose Bed Have Your Claws Been Under? by Ava Ross [Review]

Whose Bed Have Your Claws Been Under? (Monsterville, USA #3) by Ava Ross
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: June 7, 2023

Monsterville, USA
Candy for My Orc Boss
Orc Me Baby One More Time
1. Gargoyles Just Want to Have Fun
2. Don't Go Knotting My Heart
3. Whose Bed Have Your Claws Been Under? - Paperback | Kindle
4. Uptown Orge
5. Oops, I Elf'd It Again
6. My Orc-y Breaky Heart
7. Hold Me Closer, Fiery Phoenix
8. Who Let the Demon Out?

Ava Ross
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
My ex-boyfriend was transformed into a medusa, and he’s set his eyes on me.

Ten years ago, I was convinced I’d one day marry my high school boyfriend, Darrow. But when a mad scientist experimented on him and others in Petrified Woods, they were changed into monsters. My parents dragged me from town before I could make sure Darrow was okay. Not long after that, they told me he was dead.

Now I’m back in Petrified Woods to be the maid of honor at a friend’s wedding. And guess who’s the best man?

Darrow.

He’s not dead.

He’s mad at me for leaving him.

And his steely gaze could turn me to stone with a single glance.
Thoughts on Whose Bed Have Your Claws Been Under?: The events that took place in Monsterville ten years ago did a number on quite a few people and, frankly, Darrow got a pretty raw deal. I'm not talking about the turning into a monster part, either, because he's pretty much come into his own on that front. Nope, I'm talking about Paige's parents taking Paige from Monsterville and forcing him to deal with his new monster-y issues on his own.

On Paige's end, she's never forgotten Darrow. She might believe he's dead (thanks to her parents, those jerk faces), but he still holds a place in her heart. Seeing him at her friend's wedding REALLY throws her at first. First off, she's shocked that her Darrow is still alive and then she has to deal with his animosity. Because, you know, he thinks she abandoned him when things were at their worst. It takes some teary explanations and one well-timed phone call for him to accept that maybe Paige hadn't done the things he'd thought.

Once THAT is cleared up, these two start making up for lost time. They have ten years of missed sexy times to work through, after all.

A weekend with friends that morphs into a romantic getaway for our couple, a sleigh ride, a bubble bath, an accidental royal, and a whole lot of lovin'. Because ten years, man. TEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment