Thursday, May 23, 2024

Cherished by the Hunter by Lynnea Lee [Review]

Cherished by the Hunter (Xarc'n Warriors #4) by Lynnea Lee
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 5, 2023

Xarc'n Warriors
0.5. Pursued by the Hunter
1. Claimed by the Hunter
2. Wanted by the Hunter
3. Taken by the Hunter
4. Cherished by the Hunter - Paperback | Kindle
5. Rescued by the Hunter
6. Stolen by the Hunter
7. Captured by the Hunter
8. Protected by the Hunter
9. Desired by the Hunter
10. Coveted by the Hunter
11. Craved by the Hunter

Lynnea Lee
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
EVIE
Prince Charming comes in purple!
I’ve been looking for my Prince Charming my entire life. When ravenous, human-eating bugs descend from the skies, I think my dream is doomed—until a musclebound Xarc’n hunter rescues me from certain death. Tarv’k is strong and brave, and the purring in his chest turns my knees to jelly.
Too bad he’s pretending not to be interested. I might be small and soft-spoken, but I’m also stubborn; I get what I want. He won’t know what hit him!

TARV’K
Evie is everything I ever wanted, but I don’t deserve her. She is the ray of sunshine that keeps our compound going. She deserves a younger hunter, one with fewer failures in his past. But despite my best intentions, I cannot let her go. If I cannot claim her, then I vow to be her ultimate protector.
When Evie’s past returns to haunt her, I am determined to keep her safe. No one messes with my female! We may not have a mating bond yet, but she is still MINE!
Thoughts on Cherished by the Hunter: It's Evie and Tarv'k's turn to explore this mate bond thing and...Tarv'k doesn't make things easy. Mostly because he worries he's too old (compared to the other hunters) to trigger the bond at all. Because of this he sends mixed signals to Evie and throws her for a loop.

That said, for all Tarv'k's noble intentions toward letting Evie find someone who (he thinks) can give her what she needs, he's not AT ALL happy with the idea of her being with anyone else. Tarv'k's head might be telling him to do one thing, but Xarc'n instincts aren't easily pushed back and yeah. YEAH. The big guy found his special someone and there's no walking away from that.

As for Evie, she's living life on her terms now after having freed herself of her gross uncle and his friend. Well, she's living life as best one can when space bugs are trying to turn the world into a buggy wasteland. Let's just say she's reaching for the things she wants. As it turns out the thing she wants is a big, purple hunk who treats her like the treasure she is.

A little danger, a few unwanted visitors, bugs, bugs, and more bugs, a warrior trying to be strong, and a woman who likes everything about the hunter who's caught her eye and heart. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment