Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Taken by the Hunter by Lynnea Lee [Review]

Taken by the Hunter (Xarc'n Warriors #3) by Lynnea Lee
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 4, 2023

Xarc'n Warriors
0.5. Pursued by the Hunter
1. Claimed by the Hunter
2. Wanted by the Hunter
3. Taken by the Hunter - Paperback | Kindle
4. Cherished by the Hunter
5. Rescued by the Hunter
6. Stolen by the Hunter
7. Captured by the Hunter
8. Protected by the Hunter
9. Desired by the Hunter
10. Coveted by the Hunter
11. Craved by the Hunter

Lynnea Lee
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
CONNIE

I have a purple stalker.

I don’t know what possessed me to hit the Xarc’n warrior with my bat, but now I have a stalker—a big purple stalker with fangs and horns. And to make things worse, I can’t go back to New Franklin.

After my first night out on my own, I wake up all wrapped up and cuddly with a certain possessive hunter. He purrs like a giant cat and vows to protect me. And to top it all off, he has a pet squirrel. A freakin’ pet squirrel!

The “Jerk” claims he can’t let go of me, but I don’t buy it. I’m no squirrel, and I don’t intend to be his pet. Not even when he claims I belong with him and promises to protect me forever.

JORG’K

Killing the scourge is my calling, and I revel in every violent encounter. Hunters are created with strong instincts to protect, but mine never fully manifested. I just wanted to fight. I never understood why some hunters wanted anything more. Until now.

I can’t get the little human out of my head. She attacks me with her wooden club, and I realize she’s all I ever wanted.

My brave female watches me as I fight the deadly scourge, so I give her a show of my strength and skills. I will convince her to be my mate. I have to. The mating bond has chosen, and it is never wrong!
Thoughts on Taken by the Hunter: This time around we have a human lady in a bad situation and a hunter who REALLY likes everything about her. Connie isn't smitten with Jorg'k at first sight (although she didn't mind all the eye-candy that comes with a big, purple, muscle-y alien hunk), but she comes to trust him and his sweet, protective ways.

On the other hand, Jorg'k very much IS smitten. Long before he actually sees Connie, really. He's been following her scent around town for a while as she scavenges and knows she's the one for him. When she's threatened by the scourge, he jumps in to help her, but it takes a while (and one escape from the people running the survivor group she's been staying in) for things to really heat up between them.

A little danger, a sweet pet squirrel, some people doing some not-so-nice things, a whole lot of bugs, a lonely warrior who's thrilled to have found his special someone, and a lady who finds out she doesn't mind a protective warrior with a lot of stamina. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment