Friday, May 31, 2024

Coveted by the Hunter by Lynnea Lee [Review]

Coveted by the Hunter (Xarc'n Warriors #10) by Lynnea Lee
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: August 15, 2023

Xarc'n Warriors
0.5. Pursued by the Hunter
1. Claimed by the Hunter
2. Wanted by the Hunter
3. Taken by the Hunter
4. Cherished by the Hunter
5. Rescued by the Hunter
6. Stolen by the Hunter
7. Captured by the Hunter
8. Protected by the Hunter
9. Desired by the Hunter
10. Coveted by the Hunter - Kindle
11. Craved by the Hunter

Lynnea Lee
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
HEATHER
When I offered to help the scary alien hunter rescue his friend, I had no idea the seven feet tall brute planned on abducting me. Now I’m stuck in a shuttle with my growly, purple captor, speeding away from everything I ever knew.

Nov’k is sinfully handsome, covered in muscles, and claims he wants to wake up every day with me in his arms. He makes me feel beautiful for once in my life. Too bad he’s also the bossiest warrior on this side of the galaxy.

He may be bigger and badder than I am, but if he thinks he can kidnap me and order me around, he’s in for a big surprise.

NOV’K
I always thought I’d find my mate among the Earth females at the new hunter’s base, but the one who catches my attention is already mated. To distract myself from the disappointment, I take on a mission to rescue an unknown hunter from a group of hostiles.

That’s when I meet Heather. She doesn’t just smell mine; she’s smart, brave, and willing to help me despite the obvious dangers. My plans change immediately because nothing can ever make me leave her behind.

And once she’s in my shuttle, I’m never letting her go.
Thoughts on Coveted by the Hunter: Nov'k, who's new-ish to being around humans and doesn't always understand that some things shouldn't be done, is up and his lady is a braver-than-she-thinks-she-is human who makes a choice to help someone who needs her. It was just her (or more like the hunter she was attempting to help) good fortune that Nov'k happened to show up when he did.

Because they got that hunter out of there and heh. I'm pretty sure we'll see him in the future.

Anywho. Heather and Nov'k. She's been in a not so great situation for the last little bit, but she has survived. And as she pointed out to Nov'k, the people she was with might have made some questionable choices, but they were doing the best they could under the circumstances. Holding a hunter prisoner, however, wasn't a great choice in the slightest.

Fortunately for Nov'k, Heather was willing to be open minded when it came to the Xarc'n. She made the choice to trust the big guy despite how those she's been living with believed the worst about the aliens and her trust ended up working out for everyone in the end. Especially Nov'k. Which isn't to say Nov'k didn't make mistakes. He learned a lot about human interactions from books (romance books, specifically) and his ideas on how to woo a lady weren't always the best. But he figured things out. Eventually. With Heather's help.

Bugs, smart ships, bad humans, a hunter who knows his lady is his the moment he scents her, and a lady who decides to throw caution to the wind and trust her instincts when it comes to the big guy. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment