Monday, May 20, 2024

Claimed by the Hunter by Lynnea Lee [Review]

Claimed by the Hunter (Xarc'n Warriors #1) by Lynnea Lee
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: June 30, 2023

Xarc'n Warriors
0.5. Pursued by the Hunter
1. Claimed by the Hunter - Paperback | Kindle
2. Wanted by the Hunter
3. Taken by the Hunter
4. Cherished by the Hunter
5. Rescued by the Hunter
6. Stolen by the Hunter
7. Captured by the Hunter
8. Protected by the Hunter
9. Desired by the Hunter
10. Coveted by the Hunter
11. Craved by the Hunter

Lynnea Lee
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
ALICE
It’s hard enough living in the Bugpocalypse, and the last thing I need is a big, purple stalker. But that’s exactly what I get. Kaj’k is freakin’ HUGE! And his sharp claws, pointy fangs, and massive horns are scary AF.

I reject his gift of food and flowers, but my massively muscled alien warrior doesn’t get the hint. He tosses me over his shoulders and carries me to his shuttle. I expect the worst, but all he does is purr at me.

KAJ'K
I’ve spent my entire life fighting the swarm. Genetically engineered to hunt the scourge across the galaxy, Xarc’n hunters are the ultimate predators. It takes a lot to take one of us down. Then, I meet the little human female who brings me to my knees.

My Alice is full of fire, and I have no doubt she can survive on her own. But she’s my mate, and she’s mine to protect. When cannibals and scourge threaten my female, I toss her over my shoulder and carry her to my ship. Now that I have my mate in my arms, I’m never letting her go!
Thoughts on Claimed by the Hunter: Hey there. Alien bugs, swarms, and fungal nastiness are hitting earth and it's not a fun time to be forced to scavenge and otherwise scrape along to survive. On the other hand, the Xarc'n warriors are here to fight said bugs and they are MUCH nicer to look at than then bugs. Plus, they get all protective and growly when they find their special someone. Who isn't down with that?

As it turns out, Alice isn't, at first. To be fair, there were rumors floating around that the hunters dragged human women off to have their wicked way with them and Alice wasn't pleased with that scenario. Other rumors said the hunters had dropped the bugs on earth just so they could step in to take over. So, yeah, Alice wasn't thrilled to suddenly have a Xarc'n hunter giving her sexy looks.

Fortunately for Alice (and all the other survivors), the rumors aren't true. Sure sure, the hunters sometimes DID carry their special someones off to have their wicked way with them, but it was was entirely welcomed by said ladies. Because those hunters treat their ladies right. SO RIGHT.

So, Alice isn't initially thrilled to have a big alien giving her looks, but it doesn't take long before she's giving those looks back. As for Kaj'k, he's a little confused by how consumed his is by his little human, but soon he's just going with it. Because when a big purple hunter finds his person, he's all in. ALL IN. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment